Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

Well let me know when you get there, I know that is the part that is stopping a lot of the Subaru guys from trying it out. There is guy over on legacy central that has one mounted in an old legacy and from the sounds of it, it was pretty damn easy. Well easy if you can work metal.

Schools going good, still on winter break right now so been getting little projects done on my car.

Just ordered up a bunch of brake parts, so its still moving along. Just spent a couple hours the other day at autozone finding me an upper rad hose. So short of wiring the head lights the under the hood is for the most part done.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've sold the engines/parts I needed to to get the money for the adapter. Is there any update on the remote shifter? I'm willing to go ahead and order the adapter now if the shifter solution can be available around May this year. So I can already start the trial fit and fabricating transmission mounts etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in contact with Bill but he needs some time due to personal circumstances. I have no problems with purchasing the bell housing first and then get the remote shifter later on so I can put the engine in the car, get cross members and prop shaft sorted etc.

I guess a RWD EA81 wagon with a blue printed SOHC EJ25 and plate rear diff can do some pretty big slides :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see this car side by side with the new BRZ or whatever the hell it is.

The similarity is uncanny.

Subaru engine mid mounted.

Light rear wheel drive with toyota running gear.

Now you just need a Scion shifter or something;)

• 2 weeks later...

I built my own transmission jack by combining my C frame ( because I am cheap ) >;o)

motormount100.JPGmotormount102.JPG

I had to build a rear transmission mount for both the W series and the R series toyota transmissions to the Conquest

motormount103.JPGmotormount104.JPG

motormount105.JPGmotormount106.JPG

motormount107.JPGmotormount108.JPG

motormount109.JPGmotormount110.JPG

motormount111.JPGmotormount112.JPG

motormount113.JPG

the shifter is worked out and on its way, I been way overloaded since Import Modified magazine dropped my name in of of the builds they did

I'm digging your tranny jack there Bill. Good to see you're still out playing the garage.

And GD speak for your dang self, I was damn near wearing the carpet out waiting for that first bell housing. :D

Unfortunately at this point I couldn't make it work with how I have everything set up, although I'll probably order me up one when I get my second bell housing. :)

• 1 month later...

good to hear from you bill, hope all is going well in your end of the world.

your bell housing makes for good conversation at the last couple car shows i went to. most of the comments were something like, where the ever living eff did you get that?

i still need to scrape up more pennys for another one. i saw them on your web page, but no price, what you charging for the piece of art?

• 3 weeks later...

There is a good choice for the 4g63 stuff, not so much for the Subaru stuff, I'm still happy there is at least something now.

But off the top of my head these are the ones I can remember for the 4g

W series

R154

T56

T5

C4 or turbo 350, cant remember but its one of the slush boxes

Then he's doing something with a Mitsubishi v6 think it's an auto also.

And now I swear I read about him doing an auto for the k20 Honda motors.

I really wish I knew how to even start doing stuff like that. It's just such an art form. :)