Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Olympia, Wa has seats-need help shipping..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

OK the deal is theres a guy in Olympia, Wash with rear brat jumpseats and bracket. I would like to buy them but he wont ship. Anyone near there that can purchase them and ship them to me please?????? Of course I will pay for them. Let me know.

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Could possibly swing it.

What does shipping go for on something that big? would a pallet work best? I worry that shipping might be more than the cost of the seats in the first place.

#3 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

Probably around a $100 or so to ship?? Im not sure what would be the best way to ship. McBrat once shipped me a fender panel so he might now whats the best way to ship something that big. I dont think it has to be boxed up to ship. Ill try to find out more.

#4 T'subaru

T'subaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • T'sunami Coast WA

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Shipping will definately be more than the purchase price, but if ya gotta have em :). I live about a 1.5 hours drive from Oly, but will be around weekends only. I would think about any truck line will handle the shipment, need to check if any will handle a "freight collect" haul for a private individual vs a business. Let me know if I can help. I think the biggest hurdle is getting the stuff packaged for shipping and wether it would be UPS'able or not. You might check and see if there is a business in the "pack and ship business" in Olympia.

Edited by T'subaru, 02 May 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#5 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

Alright Ill try to look into it soon. Anybody with any helpful info please reply....

#6 T'subaru

T'subaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • T'sunami Coast WA

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Alright Ill try to look into it soon. Anybody with any helpful info please reply....

checking shipping services for ya in Oly, Im west on the coast and have them here, could haul this way as 1 option...checking into other options

http://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_US
check this out, ups stores will package..should be link to Oly locations

Edited by T'subaru, 02 May 2010 - 06:53 PM.

#7 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

I've shipped an engine before. If you put it on a pallet its not so bad, there are many shipping warehouses to take it to which save quite a bit on the sending end of things.

If you can have it delivered to a commercial address that helps a lot too on your end. For some reason its much cheaper than a private address.

#8 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Well I can have it shipped to my mechanics shop if it would be cheaper. Please let me know..

#9 Jonv23

Jonv23

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Muskegon MI

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

I had a roll bar shipped from CA to Mobile AL by Greyhound. It was DIRT CHEAP! The jump seats weight is FAR less than the roll bar. Also, the roll bar wasn't wrapped, or packed or anything, all it had was a "ship to" tag. You guys should check into that.

#10 Datsunrides

Datsunrides

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Hollister-Nor Cal

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

+1 on the Greyhound suggestion. Cheapest option you will find on large, bulky items.

Mark

#11 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Well greyhound seems the way to go. Hey NoahDL88.. I sent you a PM.:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users