Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Olympia, Wa has seats-need help shipping..

OK the deal is theres a guy in Olympia, Wash with rear brat jumpseats and bracket. I would like to buy them but he wont ship. Anyone near there that can purchase them and ship them to me please?????? Of course I will pay for them. Let me know.

Probably around a $100 or so to ship?? Im not sure what would be the best way to ship. McBrat once shipped me a fender panel so he might now whats the best way to ship something that big. I dont think it has to be boxed up to ship. Ill try to find out more.

Shipping will definately be more than the purchase price, but if ya gotta have em :). I live about a 1.5 hours drive from Oly, but will be around weekends only. I would think about any truck line will handle the shipment, need to check if any will handle a "freight collect" haul for a private individual vs a business. Let me know if I can help. I think the biggest hurdle is getting the stuff packaged for shipping and wether it would be UPS'able or not. You might check and see if there is a business in the "pack and ship business" in Olympia.

Edited by T'subaru

Alright Ill try to look into it soon. Anybody with any helpful info please reply....

checking shipping services for ya in Oly, Im west on the coast and have them here, could haul this way as 1 option...checking into other options

http://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_US

check this out, ups stores will package..should be link to Oly locations

Edited by T'subaru

I've shipped an engine before. If you put it on a pallet its not so bad, there are many shipping warehouses to take it to which save quite a bit on the sending end of things.

If you can have it delivered to a commercial address that helps a lot too on your end. For some reason its much cheaper than a private address.

I had a roll bar shipped from CA to Mobile AL by Greyhound. It was DIRT CHEAP! The jump seats weight is FAR less than the roll bar. Also, the roll bar wasn't wrapped, or packed or anything, all it had was a "ship to" tag. You guys should check into that.