Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A few pics from the day my little yellow 1400 DL was used in filming

Awesome! What TV show? I'll make sure I stay tuned :)

Its called the Missing. Its a tv show done for NZ TV1? I have no clue when its going to be on.

Cant say much about it. It Just follows some one that disapears of the face of the earth. True storys.

This is a wee bit of info from the 1st series.

About the show

Statistics indicate around 14,000 people are reported missing in New Zealand every year. Many of these people are found, or turn up of their own accord but there are still approximately 250 official unsolved cases.

On top of this there are hundreds of families not officially listed as missing but who have been separated by tragedy, misfortune or circumstance. When a loved one goes missing, New Zealanders are forced to cope without a mother, father, brother or sister and this leaves a gaping hole in their lives.

New Zealand has only one person assigned to its Missing Persons Bureau, which covers both the North and South Islands and there is NO missing persons website available to the public to use as a resource.

National missing persons records are not open to the general public and while the Salvation Army release their missing persons list once a year, a name is usually not enough information to track someone down or recognise them by. This means that unless information is released through the media and updated regularly, New Zealand's missing are more often forgotten about by everyone else but their families and loved ones.

The eight main cases we feature will be thoroughly investigated by a team of experts.

In each episode we will look at the lives of the families who have lost a loved one and the impact that having no reunion and no closure has had. We will look closely at the life of the person who has gone missing.

Edited by kiwi subbie

• 2 months later...

Good news Ive been told the date when it will be TV :banana:

The Missing is now scheduled and that this episode will

lead off the series.

The episode on John Buxton will be on TV1 17th August Tuesday at 9:30

That's the information I have at the moment but you should check the

schedule close to the time because things can change!

After its aired it will hopefully air on TVNZ on demand website so you guys that arnt in NZ can see it ::)

The Missing is now scheduled and that this episode will

lead off the series.

The episode on John Buxton will be on TV1 17th August Tuesday at 9:30

That's the information I have at the moment but you should check the

schedule close to the time because things can change!

Bad news.. Its been rescheduled :mad: and do not no when they will put it back on :-\

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY.... It will be on TV next week at 9.30pm Tuesday on TV1 :banana:

They are putting the series on TVNZ on Demand so for you guys not in NZ hopefully can view it.

Yay been waiting for so long :)

Heres the links too todays and last weeks episode

Series 2, Episode 1

Ron Jorgensen

7 Sep 2010

The Missing re-explore the case of Ron Jorgensen, a notorious criminal famous for his role in the Bassett Rd machine gun murders, whose body vanished after his car was found at the bottom of a cliff.

http://tvnz.co.nz/the-missing/missing-s2-e1-video-3765073

Series 2, Episode 3

June Sowerby

14 Sep 2010

It was a case that shocked a tiny community and baffled police. On Christmas Eve 2003, June Sowerby was holidaying in Turangi, but while walking the 600 metres to her home, she simply disappeared.

http://tvnz.co.nz/the-missing/missing-s2-e3-video-3778319

Edited by kiwi subbie

Looking pretty good, wish they'd focused more on what became of his sweet sweet ride instead of where the guy buggered off to. :-p

All I no is that the mates car was abandoned at the waft near dimond harbour.

They werent able to do the last bit of filming because the actor broke the key off in the ignision barrel.

The original car was actully a 74ish? Datsun 1600 sedan . But they were not able to find one let alone one with a Tow bar.

So They used my car.

It was right period and had a towbar