Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finally got my car going! but I have some ?'s EA82T

hey there, not many of you know me, I am probably one of the biggest lurkers on the board, but I had to post just to say I finally got my car running! it's an 87 gl10 sedan, thanks to austin (ratty), patti (austins girl), dave (austins friend) and varius other folks, they did great work!

I spend all weekend just doing some fine tuning, new plugs and all the tune up stuff, some new belts, reset the timing, oh by the way, ya know those green wires you have to connect to bypass the ECU when you set the timing? Apparently you have to start the car and THEN plug em in, or else the computer gets confused, took me a bit to figure that one out!

got a few questions though ...

What exactly am I supposed to be setting the timing at? I have it at 22 I believe

every 20 minutes or so my car randomly just beeps, no lights, no motor issues, it just randomly beeps .... its super weird

I am lookin for some trim pieces here and there so I'll start keeping my eyes out for that

besides that, I guess its just time to start rummaging through the archives to start learning about EA82t's! I don't know ANYTHING about turbo's (all my previus sube's have been ea81/ea82) so if anyone has any good links or pages let me know otherwise I will just start diggin through the archives!

anyway, I'll see you guys around

-Jeremy

the Beeping might be your trip computer, but it is weird that it would go off ever 20 min, there is an alarm function but that is a daily alarm.

The beep might also be your key is in the ignition and door ajar alarm, very anoying but eaily fixed. If you take off the plastic sheilding around the ignition switch you will see two wires comming from a sensor mounted right next to where the key goes in, follow these wires to the closest plug and unplug it. maybe your keysensor is snafu'ed.

Good luck

Try a basic reset on the trip computer.

It's outlined in your owners manual.

Plenty of how to add a few ft lbs of torque links.

Biggest by far increase I felt was the replacement of the

complete from the turbo back, exhaust with a 2.5" system,

this coupled with an intake mod.

Your timing is very close, I normally run mine at 25 but it is adjustable from the dash.

BTW

I never had to plug the greenies in with it running, FSM does not say to do this.

If it works for you, that's great

Hope some of this helps.

You may want to reset the

"learn mode" in the ECU by removing the negitive battery terminal for a couple minutes, this will not erase ECU error codes but will reset the learn mode.