Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Subaru Loyale 5 speed Wagon, Engine check Light.

I was hoping for some help here. I just purchased a 91 Subaru Loyale and the engine check light is on, so I took the bottom part of the dash apart and I found the 02 monitor and made sure all the test connectors were unplugged. I turned the key to the "on" position and I counted the red blinks and it just does 5 short blinks and keeps repeating. Does anyone know what that code is? I disconnected the battery for 30 seconds to reset the codes, and it went away till I turned it off and turned the car back on.

Ya, I figured it out, I connected the white and green ones to reset the codes and then it started to tell me the actual code. It was 34 which is the EGR, so we got one from another Subaru, cleared the codes, then started it back up and it works perfectly, even passed the IM test with flying colors. Had to replace almost the whole exhaust system too, had holes all over it. It runs great now.

• 10 years later...