Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What do you guys think?

finally i got the pictures loaded this morning of the new Enkei rims, now i just have to get ahold of some XT springs so i can lower the car with them.

what do you guys think? any sugestions about what i should do to the car next, ideas? i am going to fix the messed up molding an the passenger side back of the car, as well as the replace the driver dented fender, and fix the small dent in the passenger side rear 1.4 panel, then paint it the new nissan 350Z daytona blue.

gus3.JPG

118_1879_IMG.jpg

118_1884_IMG.jpg

118_1887_IMG.jpg

So what do ya think?

Shean

what's with the "samo" hood, did you do that or was it like that?

i think the car looks very clean minus the GL top trim on the sides, and the absence of a roof rack

any ea82 springs will fit, as long as you find ones with the height you are looking for. try any 2wd turbo springs

87 and up struts dont have the height adjustment, so consider that if you replace them

the driving lights i got from a buddy for free, i dunno the brand, but i do know they sell them at wal-mart.

i was going to get the XT sprigns because i was told that they will lower my car by about an inch to two inches, if thats the case, they are going on my car.

also i did the hood like that to keep ti from over heating in arizona when i move down there.

that second WRX is SICK!!! i would love to own that. no i got these from a bone yard for $100, and then put them on the stock tires and balanced them at school the next day, now i just ahve to take the time to clean them up and polish the lip.

oh and if anyone is intrested, i found a set fo the 390mm pug wheels at teh same boneyard tonight for $170

by the looks of that fender, it seems like you can take it off and push it out and tap it with a soft hammer to re-form it. Ive done it before...its easy...might save some$$$

in my opinion, go with the subaru blue.

Im starting to feel that heat here in AZ too! hood vents coming soon!

nice clean looking wagon ya got there. Blue isnt exactly my fav color, but if thats what ya want, definitly keep it in the family and go with the WRX World Rally Blue...

Skipper47 - you said you were looking for a set of fog lights? Dont remember off hand who mine are made by, something like nightwatcher? but I really like these...they are both fog and driving lights - halogen - very easy to install, fit neatly under the bumper and are VERY bright on the driving side. Cast metal housing and replaceable bulbs too. They cost me right around $40, come with all the wiring and switches you will need to install them - only thing they didnt have were mounting bolts/screws as everbody has different installation needs.

ya my lights can be ether driving or fog, i just got hem set up as driving ebcause of those roads in phoenix, someone of them aren't well lit, and when im out in the boonies or out in the middle of the night, or just when i decided to be an rump roast-hole tot eh guy who cut me off ;)

the fender im going to replace, i got another bumper that my grandpa gave me that is mint, and then just pop out the small dent in the passenger side rear 1/4, replace the messed up moldings, and i will be set to paint.

i cant wait, just have to sell my truck first.

Originally posted by TheSubaruJunkie

IF its 4WD, i say lower the front suspension a tad. Will give it the authentic Subaru Rake :) Should make it look real good with those rims.

-Brian

yes it is a 86 d/r 5sp 4wd, how do i lower the front suspension, can i also lower the rear? and how low can i go, i was looking atleast 1inch all round

Originally posted by heartless

Skipper47 - you said you were looking for a set of fog lights? Dont remember off hand who mine are made by, something like nightwatcher? but I really like these...they are both fog and driving lights - halogen - very easy to install, fit neatly under the bumper and are VERY bright on the driving side. Cast metal housing and replaceable bulbs too. They cost me right around $40, come with all the wiring and switches you will need to install them - only thing they didnt have were mounting bolts/screws as everbody has different insallation needs.

I have the same type of fog lights. I have mine 3m'd to the hood. But I like that place at the bottom of the rad..

Ultra White are the name of the fog lights. they are 55 watt, but they sell 100 watt bulbs that you can put in them.