Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do they not care about the legacy?

Well damn been what now...um 5-6 years since I've been here regularly so I don't recognize a lot of the people in here anymore. But here's the deal. As of thursday I left my job with bmw..gag. I'm stuck driving a blasted expensive BMW. I put it up for sale on thursday and may have it sold already. Long story short I am buying a subaru of course, and there's no way in hell I am going to buy anything else, I've driven just about everything now and still haven't found much to surpass the all around awesome-ness of a subaru. I was looking at the imprezas, and the legacy's. Problem is I can find billions of WRX style bumpers for the imprezas but none for the legacy's. I would rather pick up a legacy and put a wrx style bumper and spoiler on. Would save bundles on insurance driving a legacy instead of a impreza. Does anyone know of any companies that sell bumpers or body kits for legacy's older then the 2000 models?

Oh yeah and if anyone knows of a legacy or impreza in the colorado area for sale (around 7,000 and under) that is an AWD 5spd let me know about that too. I don't have too many options since I refuse to drive an automatic and thats mainly what is available for sale right now.

But I am mainly just looking for any kind of exterior aftermarket products for the legacy's. I really am not in the mood to spend 8-12 months laying fiberglass if there is a market.

yeah, I've been trying to find one myself.

Is it not possible to buy the wing for the impreza, and put it on the rear deck of your trunk? Aren't the impreza and legacy trunks *about* the same?

Oh well.

If you lived 'round these parts there are legacies where I work that are in your price range. (I work at a dealership)

How much older are you looking for?

I had a full SVX body kit that I had adapted for my '91 that looked awesome, but I don't know if it woulnd fit anything after 2nd gen.

I think Rhys/Rod Millen motorsports [millenmotorsports.com ?] carry (or carried) parts for 2nd and 3rd gen Legacies, and sometimes you can find the extraneous body kit on Ebay. Paul Eklund (if you can find him, maybe on google) had front air dams for $200 that fit 93+ (IIRC). I'm sure that you could adapt just about any body kit with enough effort, if if you have a spare bumber I could fiberglass you one for relatively cheap.

It's been years since I was trying to source Legacy parts, so most of my leads are sketchy. If you have certian things that you're looking for, you could PM me or E-mail me (skumof_theearth@hotmail.com) and I can try and track you down something.

I hope this helps, and good luck with the new car!

-MR

Forgot to mention - the WRX/Imprezza wing isn't quite the right size to fit on the leagacy, but with a little ingenuity it will fit. The bottom of the WRX bumper can be grafted on to the top of the Legacy bumper (because the headlights don't fit) without much trouble.

If you're in CO, and are really looking for a good specimen, look in the AZ area - none of the native cars have any rust there, and even though it is a bit of a drive, it may be well worth it. I'm sure that Autotrader will have SOMETHING to work with.

Legacy would save you lots of money on insurance, and the Legacy can be put on a heck of a diet to gain back some of that nimbleness that it lost over the years.

-MR

Originally posted by mranlet

Paul Eklund (if you can find him, maybe on google) had front air dams for $200 that fit 93+ (IIRC). I'm sure that you could adapt just about any body kit with enough effort, if if you have a spare bumber I could fiberglass you one for relatively cheap.

Paul's been selling race stuff for some time now and isn't hard to find. It's called Primitive Enterprises

http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/

Specializes in Rally equipment (Since that's what he does) and I don't believe carries anything other than Impreza parts.

Keith

I E-mailed him about 5 years ago asking for Legacy parts, and he showed my what he had. I am sure that he has a fiberglass Legacy air-dam (I think with splitter). IIRC, I think it's for 93-98 or somewhere in there.

He's a super-helpful and nice guy who would help you in any way he can (and his prices are really cheap to boot!)

-MR

Welcome Back Adam!

NEEP NEEP! :D

There was a guy selling a 3dr with a 2.2L engine in it recently. It had some body damage from a mishap.

Very recently there was a turbo legacy wagon for sale on Autotrader in Colo I think. Automatic of course but you could convert it to a 5 or 6 spd(WRX) after the trans blew up. (if it ever does)

OT: Im looking into moving to Colorado just so you know. If you know of any Tech Support type job leads that might help me in moving that would be really helpful.

Excellent guys. Thanks for your input. The Paul Eklund site has a few items I am looking for an will make this project a little easier. I will definatly check out AZ considering that frankly I can go pretty much anywhere in the us since I don't have any engagements tieing me down right now. But I am off now to check out a legacy down the road that is for sale for only 1,000 bux!