Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT Meet **post your photos**

Ok now for my TR.

I could go on and on and give every little detail but I don't think that would be appreciated.

After 5 years of the BRAT not being driven it got a quick total fluid change and a tune up. A can of sea foam in the tank, and half a can in the crank case. Then it was hold the pedal to the floor and a top speed of 65 all the way to Ritzville. Spitting and sputtering the whole way. (Must be cleaning a ton of crap out) then it half way decent (had a few hicki-ups) the rest of the way top E-Burg.

Made it the meet and greet. Then Twitch, myself and "mike" (I forget his forum name...tan BRAT) went up the canyon and camped out. Fnx and his friends came by later that night and we all sat around the fire and talk to about midnight. They left and we stayed up another hour and half or so.

Sunday saw its fare share of problems but alas the cruise was on. The burgers were great, and the people were awesome. Met a lot new friends and got a lot of great ideas to pull form on my BRAT build. Yah, it’s officially of the market...what was I thinking :eek: Then we invaded bratsurus1 house for a bit. Then headed back with those heading west over the mountains saying good by as they exited the other way on the interstate.

The show and shine back at E-Burg was met with some on site repairs as well. To include my vehicle and the suggestion that maybe the PCV was sticking (thanks MR. Brat and mtnman38 for the diag and help) Twitch had a spare so I installed it. And prayed for the best.

After breaking camp Twitch, PKSJeep, and myself caravanned back to Spokane. The carb had a wee bit of issue coming out of E-burg but then it was on like donkey cong and I could not keep her down. Which is why we had a brush of the law but he was gracious and let us go. He said he saw me come over the hill at 78 but then I slowed down to 73 and held it steady from there on out so that is why he was letting us off the hook. I got home about 1130 and the rest is history.

A special thanks to FNX747 for putting this on. Hope your BRAT is up and running soon. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and y son is still elated about the whole trip... I think you guys made his summer :banana:

Now for some pics. I'll try and post those that have not been posted yet.

our camp site

P5300002.jpg

room with a view

P5300001.jpg

miners burger parking lot

P5300008.jpg

Invasion of Jerry's house...his wife was gracious to let us stay for a bit.

P5300009.jpg

P5300010.jpg

the line up for the cruise back.

P5300012.jpg

Sounds like the cops were diggin the "BRATS", every one slipped by without a ticket. Sorry ZAP, cant say the some for you. Should have brought the brat.:lol:

I know I cant wait for the next meet!

Ya, our officer asked us if we were part of a show or something. Maybe traveling in groups played out to our advantage. :lol:

YO

well got back to ciaos @ work so ive been 12hrin it {ya like that:grin:}

so trip back was great brat just rallied up the pass even with all the weight

mr. brat and i had a little lifted convoy till hwy 18 then split. got to the boat and all was well

still need to change that axel

trip was fun seemed kinda rushed but thats me ill spend hours on the Subaru topic.

And a river well thats a whole nother addiction

good to put some faces to posts

lets do it again:banana:

Man I wanted to go... But with a new job, blown motor in the brat and selling said brat to Bill "Beast I Drive" just wasn't in the cards. I guess there is always next year. I am already looking at a few brats now. See you in Cashmere...

-Jake

• 2 weeks later...