Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Road trip - Finished! Weber & LSD Q's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mendodave

Mendodave

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Little River, California

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:24 PM

The Subaru chomped its way to Phoenix and back, with only a few hiccups.

I got my intake manifold installed, the LSD installed, both front axles with lower ball joints, and a valve adjust.

Unfortunately, cleaning the carb cleaned out all the dirt that was blocking the vaccum leaks. the throttle shaft has massive play in it, so it is carb time....that means WEBER!

Anyone have tips on how to disconnect the smog stuff the weber doesn't use? Can I use the cruise control with the Weber?

I have heard the Redline kit is not that good, any better places to get one? (Car is a '84 GL wagon)

Also, my LSD clutch is binding, all I could find for LSD oil was Stalube, according to the board, Kendall or Redline is the best. Would the clutch bind for awhile if the LSD was dry for a month?

But the LSD works like a champ! Point at hill, go up it!

I came over the I-80 pass yesterday, 15 hours from Bishop to Mendocino, 4 hours from Boomtown to Truckee.

that was a drag.

Thanks!

Mendo Dave

#2 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

4 HOURS FROM BOOMTOWN TO TRUCKEE!!!??? Thats crazy!!

I just drove over the pass twice. Drove to Reno at around 11pm-Midnight on 2/16 and drove home around 4pm on 2/17. The pass was clear. Flood hazards cause of the rain, but other than that... no problems.

Glad to hear your car made the trip.

-Brian

#3 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:04 AM

Dave, I like http://www.carbsunlimited.com/ for my weber parts and information. They are fairly local to me and don't snicker when I tell them I want a weber for my Brat.

#4 the sucker king

the sucker king

great fisherman

• Members
  • 1,926 posts
  • Lyons, Colorado

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:29 PM

dave,
get in touch with me if the lsd is bad. i meant what i said, i won't leave you hangin. i can't help you solve it , tho. i don't know enough about them. did you put 3.9 gears in it?

#5 Mendodave

Mendodave

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Little River, California

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:10 PM

Hi Sucker King,

don't think it is bad, it seems to work fine, just you can hear/feel clutch sounds in tight 4wd corners, when there is a lot of traction.

I think I need better LSD oil. Yes, the 3.9 gears are in there, sure not going to run it without that!

thanks,

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users