Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej25d into my 1986 lifted brat

h4life

ok i have been putting the project off forever but i am going to start working on it. i just finished swaping my 99lgt with a hybrid ej255 with ej20 heads sti cams headers tdo4 turbo full exhaust stock tranny with 07 push style clutch pp and fly 02 wrx ecu reflashed running 17psi... for now. so i have a car. now i need a truck. i have a lifted 86 brat. i also have the ej25d that i pulled out of the lgt. also i have an 85turbo rx with a badish motor. so last weekend i rolled the car over and yanked the nice 5speed with drive shaft and lsd diff all the disc breaks and hubs (for the 25 spline.) so this is where i am. does anyone know what probs im gonna run into with this tranny? i have not yanked the brat one yet so im not sure how close they are. thanks guys.

The RX tranny won't match up to the EJ engine without an adapter plate.

It's hard to follow what you're trying to get at, It seems that you want to put a DOHC 2.5 into a brat (too wide, won't fit without modification) and using the RX transmission, which will require a custom drive shaft.

that is just what i wanted to know. the adapter plate that they sell for the ej22 will work though right? i didnt relize that the 2.5 was to wide. what am i looking at to make it fit? as in what will it hit? thanks for the reply man.

good to know thanks. i saw i guy who put that motor in his wagon but he swaped the heads to the sohc. i think that seems like the new plan. as far as the adapter plate that will fit the 5sp dr to the ej25 though right?

how do you program an obd1 car's ecu? i know with my swap i just pluged in and flashed the ecu. i did use the ecu that when with the heads. if i were to swap the heads on the 2.5 with the 2.2 heads i would take all the wiring out of the 2.2 but it would need tuned. just not sure how its done or if its done the same. thanks

keep the drive shaft from your RX! I just put the RX AWD Dual Range in my brat and the drive line is the perfect length, all I had to do was mount the carrier bearing.

Perfectly square or it will drive you nuts with a vibration. Seen twice 1st hand. Both got 1 piece made later.