Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire sizes 88 GL

So I have a 88 GL wagon and the stock size is 185/75R13 and other GL's in my manual are 175/70r13. I did a Tire Size Comparison and the 175's are a little over an inch smaller. 22.6" vs 23.9". So is the wagon's regeared for the bigger tires or can you run the smaller ones without and much difference?

I found a nice deal on some used tires that I want to pick up.. Thanks

Gearing is the same for all of them as far as I know. The larger tires give you a bit more ground clearance, but other than that, not much difference. They probably have a higher weight rating than the smaller ones too, and people tend to put more weight in the wagon (I had at least 1000lbs in mine a few times)

Thanks, not to worried about ground clearance, when and if I need more I would only use a mild lift.= 2-3". With the stock motor I don't really want to deal with larger tires. For now just looking for logging road action and some M/S tires should do the trick. Off topic what is he HP rating for an EJ22 vs the EA82.

The rims are off a Dogde D50 mini pickup. 14" 6 Lug Toyota pattern. I got the

redrill instructions from the Off-Road section. Pretty easy if you take your time and use nice drill bits. I step drilled them like this: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 and final 1/2". The write up's do a good job. It came out