Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics From Walker

one eye

It turned out to be a perfect day for wheeling, rainy and sloppy!! Scott, Woody, Dan, Brain, Yohn, and I made our way up there for some good old wheeling, here are the pics to prove it, It was Butters, and Scotts first run up there in our "new" rigs.

IMG_3997.jpg?t=1275189668

IMG_4040.jpg?t=1275189908

IMG_4041.jpg?t=1275189908

IMG_4050.jpg?t=1275189908

IMG_4063.jpg?t=1275190167

IMG_4056.jpg?t=1275190167

IMG_4065.jpg?t=1275190167

IMG_4066.jpg?t=1275190167

IMG_4076.jpg?t=1275190167

IMG_4091.jpg?t=1275190327

IMG_4102.jpg?t=1275190458

IMG_4105.jpg?t=1275190458

IMG_4110.jpg?t=1275190458

IMG_4112.jpg?t=1275190458

IMG_4122.jpg?t=1275190900

IMG_4129.jpg?t=1275190900

IMG_4135.jpg?t=1275191222

IMG_4137.jpg?t=1275191222

IMG_4139.jpg?t=1275191222

Jeff

can anyone tell me what is the point of the gate?it is closed but people drive around it anyway.

If you can get around it you can go through the rest of the trail, if you can get around it you dont belong up there.

Jeff

It's called a ShooFly. It is made to be driven around.

It exists to keep incapable vehicles from entering, and then promptly breaking down, causing environmental problems, and inconveniencing people who are prepared.

So basically, it is made for people who load their cars on trailers with burnt up clutches, and then try to take them wheeling. That way they can't get out into the real stuff, break down, and cause problems for everyone else by being unprepared, or incompetent. It works, and everywhere should have one. Nobody should be behind that gate other than trail rigs, dirtbikes, fourwheelers, DNR workers, or timber company employees. The first 3 use the ShooFly, the DNR, and loggers/foresters use the gate.

It also prevents abandoned vehicles, and garbage dumping.

It exists to keep incapable vehicles from entering, and then promptly breaking down, causing environmental problems, and inconveniencing people who are prepared.

So basically, it is made for people who load their cars on trailers with burnt up clutches, and then try to take them wheeling. That way they can't get out into the real stuff, break down, and cause problems for everyone else by being unprepared, or incompetent. It works, and everywhere should have one. Nobody should be behind that gate other than trail rigs, dirtbikes, fourwheelers, DNR workers, or timber company employees. The first 3 use the ShooFly, the DNR, and loggers/foresters use the gate.

roflmmfao.....damn dude, i had to wipe off my screen......cheers, brian

my clutch slipped going up the trailer because I was trying to crawl up it in FWD,because of that I thought it was good.I had put that clutch a month earlier when I swapped in a 5 speed.the clutch looked like it had 1/2 life left(used) then. BTW this trailer is one of those trailers that sits really high off the ground and I was using short ramps.From now on I will use 4lo to drive up onto a trailer.

Finally the clutch died while I was up there because I was trying to crawl over rocks instead of doing the momentum approach.

so I would appreciate it if you would cut it out.

my clutch slipped going up the trailer because I was trying to crawl up it in FWD,because of that I thought it was good.I had put that clutch a month earlier when I swapped in a 5 speed.the clutch looked like it had 1/2 life left(used) then. BTW this trailer is one of those trailers that sits really high off the ground and I was using short ramps.From now on I will use 4lo to drive up onto a trailer.

Finally the clutch died while I was up there because I was trying to crawl over rocks instead of doing the momentum approach.

so I would appreciate it if you would cut it out.

If loading an offroad Subaru with large tires (a well known high geared, poor powered vehicle) on a "tall trailer" with "short ramps", why in the heck were you trying to "crawl up it in FWD"? And more importantly; if a clutch fries in FWD "crawling up a ramp"; what in the hell makes you think putting it in 4wd is going to do to it? An extra set of tires to spin is doubling the stress on the clutch. A clutch spinning BEFORE THE TIRES DO in FWD is a good sign the clutch is on its' way out.

You asked a question about our Shoofly. I answered it. It is to keep out those who are incompetent/unskilled/unprepared/incapable out. It exists to prevent those people from getting in the way of, or tarnishing the reputation of those who are prepared/competent etc. From what I've read of your wheeling exploits, from posts that YOU'VE created, the Shoofly exists to keep you, and exactly you from going up, getting in peoples way when your stuff breaks, and giving those that drive vehicles with the same badge on the front as yours a bad name. Given, we've all had stuff break when wheeling, but, your reputation based on stories written from your own account make me happy that things like the Shoofly exist. If you don't like the fact that those stupid stories have earned you a reputation as someone giving the hobby a bad name, you have two choices:

A: Get your stuff together, stop half ***ing it, and learn how to wheel.

B: Don't tell stories about things like frying your clutch loading it on a trailer, and then going wheeling anyways, "urban wheeling", constantly getting your car wet because you can't realize Subaru/Submarine aren't interchangeable, THEN COMPLAINING ABOUT IT, and running around without common sense things like registration/title in a car that is begging to be impounded.

Frankly, if you don't like my answer; you can piss off.

P.S.,

You are always welcome to come over, and try out our shoofly. It's open to the public. If you do manage to get past it; when you do break down, and have to get yanked off the trail, please be certain to tell everyone you aren't part of NWWO. Those guys already catch enough crap up there without doing anything wrong.

Have a good day.:)

Edited by 3eyedwagon

Seriously dude,

That's the best you could conjure up?

How about this; get a job. Then you can afford enough quality parts to put together a decent car, go exotic places like Walker Valley, gain some life experience, and become a decent wheeler. Then you won't have to make worthless, pictureless threads that get you ridicule from aholes like me.

Money is a tough subject for most people, but, you don't hear us complaining or asking others for money to go wheel. Either man up, and make it on your own, or don't complain if you can't. You'll find yourself alot better off in the long run by doing either of those.