Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 6th Subaru - 95 Outback

Durania

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not. Didn't even have to list it on Craiglist. Selling it to a good friend who is a Subaru salesman. It is going to be his daily driver to and from work.

Good friend of mine who is a Subaru mechanic gave me one of those rubber mats that says "Legacy" on them that goes in the cargo area of the wagon.

Thats cool! I have one of those too... Kinda sucks when the sun beats on it though :rolleyes:

Good job on the sale, nothing better then selling it to a Subaru guy needless to say a mechanic.

I'm not. Didn't even have to list it on Craiglist. Selling it to a good friend who is a Subaru salesman. It is going to be his daily driver to and from work.

Good friend of mine who is a Subaru mechanic gave me one of those rubber mats that says "Legacy" on them that goes in the cargo area of the wagon.

Good gracious.

I bought new ones for my Outback too but the ones that came off were in great shape, just need resurfaced. If you want an extra set let me know. It'll be a while before you need rotors though with a new set... what kinds are they? And what kinds of pads are you using?

Well, time has come for me to sell the RS. Hope to be getting rid of her this weekend and driving the Outback till I find the right STi.

shoot. you havent even had it that long, just put headgaskets in it. What was it you did and did not like about the RS. I have thought about one, but i would be comparing to my legacy turbos, which i think are really terrific in almost all ways at least for me. Why only have the Rs for short time make me understand the good and bad about them...thanks.

hope you find right sti.

Nothing that I did to the RS made me not like it. It and I never did really click. I needed a daily driver that looked aggressive and would make a good platform to build upon.

I love the look of the car. Just never fell in love with it like I did with the BRAT and Hatch.

0130000919.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just to give a little update since I seem to fallen off the face of the earth it seems.

I graduated college a few weeks ago. Took some summer classes so I wouldn't have to drive all Fall to TTU which is about 45 miles away. My degree is in Business Administration with Management Information Systems. I have been the assistant IT director for the local municipality for a couple years now, not a bad gig.

While I was taking classes this summer we redid the flooring in my home. We put new carpet down in three of the bedrooms and the den. Added laminate hardwood to the hallway and living room.

Submitted for your approval: Out-Sack hauling the wood.

c598b175.jpg

My friend stopped by in his garage queen:

8a330382.jpg

And the completed project:

7a93f8cb.jpg

All pictures taken with my Moto Droid.

• 7 months later...

Hoping to cure a 2nd gear catch. Currently it has royal purple but it didn't seem to help things. Hopefully if it has dried out some, sometime this afternoon, I will be changing the gear oil this evening.

IMG_20110420_132522.jpg

Edited by Durania

• 1 month later...