Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 Subaru GL AC/Heater controls

You tried the search button? Don't think you did because this is a common issue :rolleyes: Search for it, and if you still don't find an answer post back...

Oh, I see this is your first post, so welcome to the board!

GAWD, it would have taken less time to answer the question...

Posts that actually help the OP will be allowed!

Edited by Qman
  • Like 1

Check the vacuum lines going from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment for leaks. Check the control itself for broken parts. Start the car and listen for vacuum leaks(whistling) in the passenger compartment.

Good luck.

Wasn't there some useful info in here about vacuum hoses getting old and needing to be replace? Did those get deleted too? That was actually good info. I believe it was even stated to look at the vacuum reserve on the passenger strut tower and to check for leaks, and also info about the checkvalve and checking it as well, but I could be wrong, since all the previous post were deleted.

I was at least nice about suggesting to search. I really don't see how you helped anyone out by deleting posts that I myself found somewhat useful and somewhat well stated and not horribly rude, but oh well, I guess they apparently weren't deemed useful to others. Oh well, what can one do.

I hope the OP found his problem and fixed it. I wasn't trying to be a pain. Simply suggestion to search, and then OFFERING to help if he couldn't find anything after searching I find in no way mean, harmful, or rude. People do need to learn to search even if they are new or old to forums, and sometimes a friendly reminder to do so is all that is needed.

To the OP, did you find your problem?

• 3 weeks later...