Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR testimonials

SoobieDoo

I started this thread on my own, without permission from Scott, because I believe his products to be "top notch" quality. Of recent I have seen a few negative comments about his products, and I believe this thread will show that the good far outweighs the bad...if everyone running SJR parts pipes up here. Mods please place this anywhere you like, but I am not selling anything, and the majority of what SJR offers is for off-road use. I'll start:

'86 GL Wagon

EJ-EA adapter plate

Redrill flywheel machine service

4" lift kit EA82

4-6 pattern hubs (my own labor to SJR specs)

I use my rig as a commuter, appox 45 miles round trip, 5 days a week. It also makes the 644 mile journey to Oregon regularly, and has been seriously wheeled a few times. The lift and hubs have been on for over a year now, and the adapter/flywheel a few months, without a single problem! :banana:

The only issue I had was some clunking noise from the engine X-member bolts loosening up, and that was my bad for never re-tightening them after driving for a while, as suggested. Installation was a breeze for all of it as well...being mainly manufactured parts, there are no variances, and fitment is excellent. I have future plans in the works, which will include more SJR products to be sure!

http://www.sjrlift.com/

I got a rear diff drop block from him years ago. great quality.

I've also seen a couple of his adapter plates. mmmmmmm

Everything I've seen of his looks great. and the best part, is he's using his cars, and changing/improving his products to optimize them (for cost and functionality).

See the waterwagon3 build thread for all the fine details, but to sum it up-

I have (and am running daily) the prototype 3" EJ-lift kit built by SJR and some help from myself, (the final production version is even better, which I helped install into Matt's legacy)

I have been driving it daily, I have done a road trip to Canada and back, all around the state, some mild offroad/urban offroad, and of course fully loaded with cargo and people!

No problems at all with the lift kit, the install was easy and metal/bolts are great quality.

I also am using a re-drilled flywheel and EJ/EA adapter plate for the D/R trans swap, also very easy to install, accurately drilled holes and stud placement!

Scott's stuff is definitely worth getting if you want to mod your Subaru

EJ-EA adapter plate and machined Flywheel are excellent! Parts are on my daily driver and hold up perfectly. The fit and finish are outstanding. You can tell Scott is someone who takes great pride in his work. I would highly recommend SJR products.

• 7 months later...

I went with another guy on the board instead of dealing with SJR and wish I hadn't. Making so far 3 trips to the hardware store (getting ready to head out for 4th time:banghead:) and 2 for the junkyard for hardware, I STILL HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED THE FIRST PART OF THE LIFT!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing quite like having to modify 3/4 of the parts received and having half the hardware stripped or just wrong.

He worked with me to make sure I got the right parts for an ER27 XT6 2" lift. Answered questions for install, great parts, etc. Drove it from the east coast to Colorado mountains at 10,000+ feet for a back country elk hunting trip with a huge trailer (way too big), and put some good mileage on it as a daily driver. All is well, getting ready to move it to my new daily driver XT6.

• 2 months later...

i didn't buy anything from scott but he was a huge help giving me info for my 4" homemade ej lift. all his info was correct , useful and extremely helpful. i can't imagine his product being anything but top notch. living in the southeast lifted soobs are very very rare and i had actually never saw one in person. without his help my lift would have never happened. class act !!!! curtis

• 7 months later...

SJR%20RULES.jpg

I purchased the EA81 4" Lift Kit from Scott, and it's great! I liked it so much I powder coated mine RED!

Scott is very quick, even on the east cost mine was here within a weeks time. It is a great product! The welds and cuts are Subaperb! Very professional.

Not to mention the 8.8 Hardware Included! :brow:

Thanks Scott!

• 2 months later...

Long time ago, I invented my own 2" lift for the Rear (as you can read Here) of my EA82 wagon by using other cars' parts, so I Needed a 2" Lift kit only for the Front to get the car fully lifted.

So I explained the Situation to Scott and he Helped me, he done an SJR 2" Lift kit only for the Front.

Let me tell you that it is Amazing, because it is really Professionally made and welded, using strong metal; also has the Exact measurements and that makes the install to Flow easy without problems.

Come and see Pics of it and the fully 2" Lifted BumbleBeast, here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117874&page=3

SJR products are Awesome!

Kind Regards.