Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone ever try one of these windshield gaskets?

In my shop, we use the PRP (Precision Rubber Products) gaskets and they're usually pretty good. The thing that seems to kill them is sitting in the little bag wadded up in some warehouse for a few years. But, really, that's a problem for ANY rubber product. For the most part, as long as the gasket will uncoil and lay down reasonably flat, it should be good to go.

BTW, that's a pretty good price.

Mike,

This seller would NOT reply with a date of manufacture to me.

He also has or had the previous gen. gaskets. We had ours made in a group buy , if you didn't see it. PRP told us their supplier was going to scrap the mold and that they (PRP) were NOT going to order more unless we coughed up an order for at least 50 - I think it was.

Our Gen I gaskets are awsome. Even now I'm pulling a few out and they smell and feel great. The one I personally installed was a breeze to deal with and it fit perfect,pretty much.

I suggested a long time ago that you 80-84 folks git yer arses together and get at least a batch of 100 made. I'd even get in on them even though I don't own a Gen II. We ended up paying around $38 per gasket I think.

PRP rep. was Derek Churchyard. Good bloke -UK man.

Happy resto ! And I'll blow some smoke at this time - Mike your efforts are truely inspriing !!! Get that good , fresh made gasket your work deserves.

Cheers!

Thanks Paul. Appreciate it. Yeah, this build is a 1984 GL. Doing with my 17 year old son. Trying to teach him some stuff. I'll try to start another pic page for this one, although its not nearly as rough as the Brat was that I did. Mostly cosmetic stuff on this one.