Ultimate Subaru Message Board

She Rides..... once again

Well after costly engine overhaul. She rides again....Like almost new. Best running brat I had to date besides my very first one. Heres some minor stuff I done myself. Have pushbar and jumpseats waiting to install. Installed headrests and skidplate. Painted rims back to white and put chrome trim rings on. Repainted bed of truck and subaru plate emblem on tailgate and replaced some interior pieces as well. Heres some pics and Im sorry about the glare from the sun but its sunny as hell here in FL..:lol:

Edited by biffanyus

• 4 months later...

Well it cost me $1000 to have it overhauld or rebuild.. New rings, seals, water pump. Parts and labor... Im no mechanic so I paid to get things done. I was told that it was a good runner so when I got it and found out it had no compression in 2 of the cylinders and wouldnt drive faster than maybe 25 mph, I wasnt expecting to put to much $ into engine work. But I got oit from Arizona so theres no rust on the body so thats a big plus....

I love it very nice I have a 80 brat im doing a complete restore on I would post pictures but I cant figure out how anyways just spent today sandblasting the rust from the wheel wells in back now I have to weld in new metal I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours but im gonna go with synergy green for the paint color

Checked them out it looks awsome hope mine turns out half way as nice as yours I live in minnesota so I have alot of rust around the rear wheels to cut away and new metal to weld in wont have the stamped design of the original wheel humps but it will look pretty smooth when im all done but I hope it comes out half as nice as yours I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how do I have to be a paying member or somthing for that?

I know you gots a nice rig there now biff, just sold mine for a bit more than you paid less shipping and all the less...and it is driving 35 miles home and will do 90 if they try :lol:

Still you done well with yours man, I am gonna miss my lil buggy.

...I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how ...

I hava a free account at the Photobucket Website, there you can Upload as many Photos as you want, then just Copy the ones you wanna show and Paste them in a Post...

I use that since 2005 and they have edition tools for your Pics for free too.

Kind Regards.