So what did i find out:
- the front left rim is much more dirty than the right one (in the sense of brake dust) I mean left is nearly black while right is almost clean.
- The smell was coming from the left wheel side.
- After stopping the disc heat dispersion on the left felt warmer then on the right (i did not touch the disc to see what degree of burn wound i would get)
- I have to get the brake pads out but it seemed that left was worn more than right.
- oil in the reservoir is above half way between min / max
- Brake booster works (there is vacuum)
- on sand can lock up bot front wheels (i think, it did not drag the car to one direction)
- While normal braking to a stop the car is not really dragged/pulled to a direction
Any ideas what this could be
Could be that the left brake caliper is not retracting enough so the pad stays in contact with the disc and what could cause this?
As far is i know i do not have a hill-holder (at least then i never got it working)
Edited by rverdoold, 28 June 2010 - 02:22 AM.