Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've searched up and down

I cannot find a thread, or even a mention about how to plumb the vacuum lines on my EA71 Brat. I'm getting quite pissed at this damn car. it is extremly hard to start and when it does, it only runs for a second, has a new fuel pump running off an under hood tank for now. could I get a picture of a properly running brat carb and check it against mine?

thank you so very much!!!

I want to get it drivable for now. I have an 81 brat that i wanna pull the drivetrain out and put in my 79. then EJ swap it, because I know all about those, two RS's and three WRX's and a Forester later...

I cannot find a thread, or even a mention about how to plumb the vacuum lines on my EA71 Brat. I'm getting quite pissed at this damn car. it is extremly hard to start and when it does, it only runs for a second, has a new fuel pump running off an under hood tank for now. could I get a picture of a properly running brat carb and check it against mine?

Oh this may or may not be the trouble, but check the choke and the little temperature spring thing on the side of the carb that trigers hi-idle and such.

I just disconnected the hi-idle / choke and such... Does much better (As i could never get to work right), I just baby the engine with my foot for the first 1-2 min after starting until warm... ALSO make sure your vacuum advance / retard is hooked up right.... as I gained a lot of power when i finally got that working right...

I have a picture of the sticker that goes under the hood that shown correct hose locations that I took of Todds (Subaru3s) car. I will try to find it and post it.

-Daniel

So sorry I haven't gotten you that picture yet. Thought I had lost my camera, but found out that my boyfriend had borrowed it and didn't tell me.:mad: Trouble is, he's in Montana until tomorrow. I looked at the sticker under my hood also, but mine has way more vacuum lines than that picture shows. I don't know if it's because my Brat has A/C or not. Either way I will take a picture as soon as I get my camera and hopefully it will help.

Bobby

OK, found the Pictures....

This is what enabled me to get my car running properly (took about three months...) Todd's Wagon pictures.

ALso note that the little aluminum "hub" at the bottom of the carb probably is full of gunk... mine was totally full. easy to clean.

Todd is the only reason my car is up and running....

Oh and dont give up!!! Its an amazing engine / car.... its more reliable than my 92 Mercury Grand Marque! and my old 94 Caprice 9C1!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67617&id=1344730058&l=a8114a81a2

Photos are in the link above...

Others may have better pictures as its really hard to figure out!!!!, Also i eliminated a lot of stuff like the canister and all the AIR crap... Oh and I modified a webber air box as I got so tired of oil getting blown into on on the carb by the stupid hoses from the valve covers...

-Daniel

Edited by danrenfroe2016
Fixed link???