Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

78 Brat - Appropriate Tire Size??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ninefourteener

ninefourteener

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Hill AFB

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

I still have plands to do a 6-lug conversion, 15x7s w/ a zero offset, and 225/50/15 tires.

But.... I'd kinda like to get thids thing on the road... and a cheap set of 13" tires for my stockers would help facilitate that at a low cost.

Not only are the tires on them toast, they are TINY and SKINNY.

What is an appropriate tire size for the stock 13s on a 78 Brat that would fill out the wheelwells nice and wide, with an appropriate height (not lifted looking)

Suggestions?? Pics wouls be REALLY helpful :)

Edited by ninefourteener, 09 July 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#2 ninefourteener

ninefourteener

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Hill AFB

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

No suggestions? I've done quite a bit of reading, I know there are a lot of topics out there, full of lots of opinions, but very little conclusive evidence.

The general conscensus is that a 185/80/13 is a good size..... so is a 185/70/13.

I actually found a set of new 185/80s today.... and they looked thinner than the 155s that are on there now.

Current progress (see why I need tires???)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 sube4x4

sube4x4

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Ronald, Wa near Cle Elum

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:47 AM

BAAAAAAADDDDDDAAAA$$$$$!!!:slobber: 6in lift with some 27's would look sweet! Or drop it a few inches? Nice brat man.:slobber:

-cody

#4 ninefourteener

ninefourteener

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Hill AFB

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Thanks!!!

I actually found a REALLY clean set of very slightly used 185/80/13s for $100. I picked them up 2 days ago.

Last night I completely sanded the wheels..... Refinishing them tonight/tomorrow in silver to match the stripes ;)

I have every intention of going with some 15x7 steelies and a suspension drop..... but in the meantime I just want to get it on the road..... been working on this thing 2 years and I've never actually driven it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users