Ultimate Subaru Message Board

78 Brat - Appropriate Tire Size??

I still have plands to do a 6-lug conversion, 15x7s w/ a zero offset, and 225/50/15 tires.

But.... I'd kinda like to get thids thing on the road... and a cheap set of 13" tires for my stockers would help facilitate that at a low cost.

Not only are the tires on them toast, they are TINY and SKINNY.

What is an appropriate tire size for the stock 13s on a 78 Brat that would fill out the wheelwells nice and wide, with an appropriate height (not lifted looking)

Suggestions?? Pics wouls be REALLY helpful :)

Edited by ninefourteener

No suggestions? I've done quite a bit of reading, I know there are a lot of topics out there, full of lots of opinions, but very little conclusive evidence.

The general conscensus is that a 185/80/13 is a good size..... so is a 185/70/13.

I actually found a set of new 185/80s today.... and they looked thinner than the 155s that are on there now.

Current progress (see why I need tires???)

10971517.jpg

22054959.jpg

ffc06e84.jpg

Thanks!!!

I actually found a REALLY clean set of very slightly used 185/80/13s for $100. I picked them up 2 days ago.

Last night I completely sanded the wheels..... Refinishing them tonight/tomorrow in silver to match the stripes ;)

I have every intention of going with some 15x7 steelies and a suspension drop..... but in the meantime I just want to get it on the road..... been working on this thing 2 years and I've never actually driven it :)