Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Added another subaru to the stable

[attach]7842[/attach]

[attach]7843[/attach]

[attach]7844[/attach]

[attach]7845[/attach]

1979 subaru wagon dl automatic. Cleanest old subaru i have ever seen. Has 114000 oringinal miles, original paint, original interior. This car is in better shape than the 79 i first bought 22 years ago. When i first saw the ad, i wasn't thrilled with an automatic, but thought if i could get it cheap enough, i could put a 4 wheel drive running gear under it and have a 4x4 wagon. When i went to see it, i can't imagine doing anything to it except keep it all original. Only rust is at the bottom of the rear quarters. The floor pans are awesome, doors have only tiny little spots on the seams, not even raised yet. Oh, and one surface rust under rear window. So small i could fix them and spot them in with the original lacquer. I'm stoked. Runs good, but may need some lower end work. Not sure if it's wrist pin noise or piston slop. Good power though. Gave him a deposit and going to pick it up tomorrow. (darn atms wont give enough money)

post-28156-136027642386_thumb.jpg

post-28156-136027642394_thumb.jpg

post-28156-136027642399_thumb.jpg

post-28156-136027642404_thumb.jpg

Got her home in one piece. Car runs and rides great. only curious thing i found when i got home was somebody cut a 1" by 2" hole at the top of the bell housing right in front of the starter. It wasn't fresh, been done for a while. Still haven't figured out for what though. HEY PAUL, I GOT HER FOR $900!!:banana: I JUST THREW IT OUT THERE TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD SAY OR COME BACK AT AND HE TOOK IT! I SHOULD HAVE SAID $700! BY THE WAY, DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THOSE WINDSHIELD GASKETS LEFT? THIS ONE IS PRETTY GOOD, BUT IT SEEPS AT THE DRIVERS CORNER.... AND YOU'LL BE THE FIRST ONE I TELL IF I EVER DECIDE TO PART WITH HER.....(sorry about the caps lock)

:banana: Yeeee haaaa !!! Nice score for that price.

I'm guessing the owner wanted to tap the starter gear back. I know my '78 sticks and makes it look like I'm a rookie driver grinding the starter. Rather than change mine I just deal with it. Never know when it'll happen but usually I can either just crank it another time or two or rock the car back a little after making sure its in neutral.

Yes, I 'm pretty sure I can hook you up with one of those windshield gaskets. How about you go over the car good and get back to me thru PM. I've got lots of stuff still and I'd be willing to give a sweet deal on anything I have since I really need to reduce *stuff* :rolleyes: