Ultimate Subaru Message Board

.::I am new to site...just saying hello::.

I just got my first Subaru...I absolutely LOVE it! It's a 1989 GL Wagon Touring Edition with manual 4x4. I heard it was the last year they made it that way.

I was inspired to get a Subaru because my boyfriend of almost 8 years and his family all love them. My bf is actually on this site...he is evil_ntt. He has a 1982 Subaru.

Well...I guess that is all for now. >>>Hello everyone<<<

Here's a pic of it :banana:

mms_picture1.jpg

Actually - '89 was the *only* year the touring wagon was availible to the US market. Most of the one's I've seen were manual transmission cars - either SPFI D/R or turbo PB style.

Don't get rear-ended. It will be the end of that car since the rear gate is specific to the TW's and near impossible to find a replacement for.

GD

No doubt its rare for the gate LOL. Our computer at the yard I work at is linked to Powerlink, so I can check yards all across the U.S. and Canada for parts, I only show 2. One for $200.00 in Maine and another in South Carolina but no price, kinda makes me glad I don't have one if the parts are that hard to find, of course I'm sure 98% of the rest of it is the same as a normal wagon.