Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble code 5?---HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suby85

suby85

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have a 92 and 94 loyale. The 94 is my DD and the 92 is a parts car. I just lost the motor in the 94 so I swaped out the motor from the 92. When I try to start it, it will start then immediatly die like it is out of fuel. I swaped out fuel injectors because the one out of my 94 was brand new. I tried playing with the throtle but no change. I finally checked the to see what code the ECU would give me and it flashes 5 quick flashes and that is it. can someone please give me an idea as to what the code means and what I could be doing wrong.

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Code 5 is a model designation - it's just telling you what engine/transmission combination the ECU was programmed for. It's not a trouble code and generally indicates a *lack* of codes stored in the computer. It's an "All's Well" Code.

GD

#3 suby85

suby85

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for letting me know what the flashes mean, now I just need to know why an engene that just past imisions through DEQ want start after transplanting it into another loyale just 2 years newer.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

Fuel, Spark and Air. Figure out which one you don't have.

GD

#5 suby85

suby85

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

Went out recheck everything, and now I feel dumb....It all boiled down to one of the EGR silanoid vacume lines was unhooked. The engene runs great now.

#6 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,551 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Don't feel dumb, everyone makes mistakes like this ... You can go ahead and feel dumb when you break something expensive and need to wait for a new one to ship... I know nothing about that though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users