Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello..from 1st time Brat owner..have a few questions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

First off let me say, I cant spell. So please dont hold that against me.
I am also a Honda guy..please dont hold that against me either..
Me and my mom picked up a 82 Brat for 500.00. I love Subies but have never owned one. We are in the process of geting this thing going, Its beed sitting for 5 years. I think it needs a fuel pump.after changing all the fluids,battery,plugs and wires it is not geeting gas.
Anyways here is my question it has the 3rd headlite..way cool but it wont stay on..I rump roast u me its the switch, but what the hell is the 3rd lite even called and where could I find a new switch? also looking for the supports for the topper..any help would be greatly apreciated..
Thanks
Jay

#2 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

The 3rd light has lots of names. It should work when the high beams are on if I recall :-\

Some names:
Passing lamp, cyclops eye, 3rd eye and probably more.

#3 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

20 views, no love..dam it I knew I shold kept the Honda thing to my self..lol
o well

#4 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,568 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

20 views, no love..dam it I knew I shold kept the Honda thing to my self..lol
o well

Yup! But hello and welcome aboard anyway!

Suggest you put your question up on the old gen forum--you'll get a lot more eyeballs there.

#5 SubieDaddy80

SubieDaddy80

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Yelm, WA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

Welcome to the USMB! Don't worry, you will be selling off that Honda in no time! lol. Kick off your shoes and relax a while! Lots of good folks here to chat away with! Olnick and I are typically the welcoming party! :lol:

#6 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

First off let me say, I cant spell. So please dont hold that against me.
I am also a Honda guy..please dont hold that against me either..
Me and my mom picked up a 82 Brat for 500.00. I love Subies but have never owned one. We are in the process of geting this thing going, Its beed sitting for 5 years. I think it needs a fuel pump.after changing all the fluids,battery,plugs and wires it is not geeting gas.
Anyways here is my question it has the 3rd headlite..way cool but it wont stay on..I rump roast u me its the switch, but what the hell is the 3rd lite even called and where could I find a new switch? also looking for the supports for the topper..any help would be greatly apreciated..
Thanks
Jay

Don't worry, we don't hold honda's against anyone, they're usually really cold
and hard :-p

Welcome to the USMB! Don't worry, you will be selling off that Honda in no time! lol. Kick off your shoes and relax a while! Lots of good folks here to chat away with! Olnick and I are typically the welcoming party! :lol:

Hey hey, I'm here too :grin:
Not quite the welcoming committee, but I usually show my ugly mug often
enough.

Twitch

#7 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

now i feel welcome..
thanks for the love..and the help..
This project is one of the cars my Mom has always wanted, and I am her free mechanic..plus I am really starting to like that dam Brat, and yes will soon have a subie in my fleet also..:banana:

#8 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

As for the problem of no gas, did you change the fuel filters? If it has been sitting for 5 years, there is probably a bunch of gunk/rust in the fuel and it could be clogging up the filters/ not allowing gas to flow to the carb. There are 2 filters, by the way - one under the hood, and one underneath near the gas tank.

#9 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hey I got a complete 3rd eye system for sale if you interested. Your post count is not high enough for Pm's yet so just repspond through here.

Heres the link....price is negotiable.

#10 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

If your from new mexico chances are its rust free. We like to see pictures of rust free brats.

#11 bratgrl

bratgrl

< My Latest Toy

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Riverton, Utah

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

If your from new mexico chances are its rust free. We like to see pictures of rust free brats.

A great big Yes to that! Rust free Brats are a thing of beauty..and more rare than hen's teeth.:grin:

#12 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

As for the problem of no gas, did you change the fuel filters? If it has been sitting for 5 years, there is probably a bunch of gunk/rust in the fuel and it could be clogging up the filters/ not allowing gas to flow to the carb. There are 2 filters, by the way - one under the hood, and one underneath near the gas tank.

I justreplaced the motor one, but will replace the other tomarrow. didnt get that far yet,was gona check fuel pump and just found out about other filter..thanks a bunch

#13 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Hey I got a complete 3rd eye system for sale if you interested. Your post count is not high enough for Pm's yet so just repspond through here.

Heres the link....price is negotiable.

thanks but all I need is the switch.

#14 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

it has lived here its whol life and is very rust fre, will get somwe pics up soon...

sorry for not knowing how to Quote multiple times at once..doo..its the multi button..thats easy..

thanks for all the help, and input.

Edited by HGJ, 23 July 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#15 Big Country

Big Country

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Socorro

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

There are a small few of us floating around down here in NM, not many but we are here.
Keep in touch and we can get together sometime for junkyard runs or something.

#16 Big Country

Big Country

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Socorro

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

There is also a Southwest Group here if you would like to join.

http://www.ultimates...p.php?groupid=2

#17 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

now i feel welcome..
thanks for the love..and the help..
This project is one of the cars my Mom has always wanted, and I am her free mechanic..plus I am really starting to like that dam Brat, and yes will soon have a subie in my fleet also..:banana:

I know how that goes. Going to be school to be a diesel mechanic. Is mom supporting me for my success? Nope. Free service on her diesel truck...

What kind of Subie you want in your fleet?

#18 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

i wouldnt mind a STI,but thats not gona happen..I would settle for a older wagon.

#19 HGJ

HGJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

There are a small few of us floating around down here in NM, not many but we are here.
Keep in touch and we can get together sometime for junkyard runs or something.

that sounds great..I LOVE JUNK YARDS..I also have some land down south..in Belen and in Socorro county out there on 60 twords magdalena.
I need a third lite switch if you come accross one..also need some fuel pump help..wher the hell is the fuse for a 82 brats fuel pump?
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users