Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello..from 1st time Brat owner..have a few questions

First off let me say, I cant spell. So please dont hold that against me.

I am also a Honda guy..please dont hold that against me either..

Me and my mom picked up a 82 Brat for 500.00. I love Subies but have never owned one. We are in the process of geting this thing going, Its beed sitting for 5 years. I think it needs a fuel pump.after changing all the fluids,battery,plugs and wires it is not geeting gas.

Anyways here is my question it has the 3rd headlite..way cool but it wont stay on..I rump roast u me its the switch, but what the hell is the 3rd lite even called and where could I find a new switch? also looking for the supports for the topper..any help would be greatly apreciated..

Thanks

Jay

20 views, no love..dam it I knew I shold kept the Honda thing to my self..lol

o well

Yup! But hello and welcome aboard anyway!

Suggest you put your question up on the old gen forum--you'll get a lot more eyeballs there.

First off let me say, I cant spell. So please dont hold that against me.

I am also a Honda guy..please dont hold that against me either..

Me and my mom picked up a 82 Brat for 500.00. I love Subies but have never owned one. We are in the process of geting this thing going, Its beed sitting for 5 years. I think it needs a fuel pump.after changing all the fluids,battery,plugs and wires it is not geeting gas.

Anyways here is my question it has the 3rd headlite..way cool but it wont stay on..I rump roast u me its the switch, but what the hell is the 3rd lite even called and where could I find a new switch? also looking for the supports for the topper..any help would be greatly apreciated..

Thanks

Jay

Don't worry, we don't hold honda's against anyone, they're usually really cold

and hard :-p

Welcome to the USMB! Don't worry, you will be selling off that Honda in no time! lol. Kick off your shoes and relax a while! Lots of good folks here to chat away with! Olnick and I are typically the welcoming party! :lol:

Hey hey, I'm here too :grin:

Not quite the welcoming committee, but I usually show my ugly mug often

enough.

Twitch

now i feel welcome..

thanks for the love..and the help..

This project is one of the cars my Mom has always wanted, and I am her free mechanic..plus I am really starting to like that dam Brat, and yes will soon have a subie in my fleet also..:banana:

As for the problem of no gas, did you change the fuel filters? If it has been sitting for 5 years, there is probably a bunch of gunk/rust in the fuel and it could be clogging up the filters/ not allowing gas to flow to the carb. There are 2 filters, by the way - one under the hood, and one underneath near the gas tank.

As for the problem of no gas, did you change the fuel filters? If it has been sitting for 5 years, there is probably a bunch of gunk/rust in the fuel and it could be clogging up the filters/ not allowing gas to flow to the carb. There are 2 filters, by the way - one under the hood, and one underneath near the gas tank.

I justreplaced the motor one, but will replace the other tomarrow. didnt get that far yet,was gona check fuel pump and just found out about other filter..thanks a bunch

Hey I got a complete 3rd eye system for sale if you interested. Your post count is not high enough for Pm's yet so just repspond through here.

Heres the link....price is negotiable.

thanks but all I need is the switch.

If your from new mexico chances are its rust free. We like to see pictures of rust free brats.

it has lived here its whol life and is very rust fre, will get somwe pics up soon...

sorry for not knowing how to Quote multiple times at once..doo..its the multi button..thats easy..

thanks for all the help, and input.

Edited by HGJ

now i feel welcome..

thanks for the love..and the help..

This project is one of the cars my Mom has always wanted, and I am her free mechanic..plus I am really starting to like that dam Brat, and yes will soon have a subie in my fleet also..:banana:

I know how that goes. Going to be school to be a diesel mechanic. Is mom supporting me for my success? Nope. Free service on her diesel truck...

What kind of Subie you want in your fleet?

There are a small few of us floating around down here in NM, not many but we are here.

Keep in touch and we can get together sometime for junkyard runs or something.

that sounds great..I LOVE JUNK YARDS..I also have some land down south..in Belen and in Socorro county out there on 60 twords magdalena.

I need a third lite switch if you come accross one..also need some fuel pump help..wher the hell is the fuse for a 82 brats fuel pump?

thanks