Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

new to USMB

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

hi. my name is tom. i am new to the USMB website, and i am also new to the subaru world. my entire life ive been around chevy, pontiac, and oldsmobile. and when my camaro broke down i decided to go for a subaru because i heard they were extremely reliable. i just recently bought a 2006 2.5i and i wouldnt trade it for anything. and i also heard that subie owners and subie lovers r extremely friendly, and i was hoping u guys could help me along with any questions i might have. thank u very much :banana:

#2 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

hi. my name is tom. i am new to the USMB website, and i am also new to the subaru world. my entire life ive been around chevy, pontiac, and oldsmobile. and when my camaro broke down i decided to go for a subaru because i heard they were extremely reliable. i just recently bought a 2006 2.5i and i wouldnt trade it for anything. and i also heard that subie owners and subie lovers r extremely friendly, and i was hoping u guys could help me along with any questions i might have. thank u very much :banana:

Well at least you hail from a former GM camp :rolleyes:
I kid, yeah most of us are really friendly and helpful.

Just a couple hints, use the search function frequently before asking
questions.
Check out the "Related Threads" box at the bottom of a threads.
There is much info to be gleaned from that feature alone.

Anyway, grab a chair, kick back and enjoy your stay.

Twitch

PS: If you're looking for high performance upgrades, some of the best guys to ask are Edrach, Numchux, Qman, Zap, Suberdave, and more I can't think of
right now (wow there's more here than I thought...)

#3 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

Well at least you hail from a former GM camp :rolleyes:
I kid, yeah most of us are really friendly and helpful.

Just a couple hints, use the search function frequently before asking
questions.
Check out the "Related Threads" box at the bottom of a threads.
There is much info to be gleaned from that feature alone.

Anyway, grab a chair, kick back and enjoy your stay.

Twitch

PS: If you're looking for high performance upgrades, some of the best guys to ask are Edrach, Numchux, Qman, Zap, Suberdave, and more I can't think of
right now (wow there's more here than I thought...)

thanx twitch. and as far as parts go, im not really lookin to make my car extremely fast and go to the strip and race. i just want to stand out from the crowd because half my city drives subarus and it is very annoying because before i got mine, they were no where and now everyone and their grandmother has one. they r almost as popular as honda in my city. lol

#4 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

thanx twitch. and as far as parts go, im not really lookin to make my car extremely fast and go to the strip and race. i just want to stand out from the crowd because half my city drives subarus and it is very annoying because before i got mine, they were no where and now everyone and their grandmother has one. they r almost as popular as honda in my city. lol

Lol, hondas...

And its good that you're not looking to go out and race your car.
It'll last a lot longer without that kind of abuse.

Oh and if it seems that you're surrounded by Subaru's while driving and when
you park, its normal.
Subaru's usually hunt in packs, even if the drivers don't know it.

Twitch

#5 SubieDaddy80

SubieDaddy80

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Yelm, WA

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Welcome to the board Tom! You will find all the help you need right here! Lots of awesome folks with much experience to help you with any issues. Get familiar with the search content to possibly get answers to your questions faster and not repeat the same questions. Kick off your shoes, grab a cold one, and relax a while!:grin:

#6 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

Lol, hondas...

And its good that you're not looking to go out and race your car.
It'll last a lot longer without that kind of abuse.

Oh and if it seems that you're surrounded by Subaru's while driving and when
you park, its normal.
Subaru's usually hunt in packs, even if the drivers don't know it.

Twitch

well that would explain that. i was just alittle confused as to y they r poping up now. and another thing..... how come when i was tryin to look for an sti, i couldnt find a single one. then after i buy my 2.5 they r everywhere? i really badly wanted an sti, or atleast a wrx.

#7 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Welcome to the board Tom! You will find all the help you need right here! Lots of awesome folks with much experience to help you with any issues. Get familiar with the search content to possibly get answers to your questions faster and not repeat the same questions. Kick off your shoes, grab a cold one, and relax a while!:grin:

thanx subiedaddy. this forum is better than the bay state dsm forum i tried out a year ago. they were all a bunch of *********************s

#8 SubieDaddy80

SubieDaddy80

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Yelm, WA

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

thanx subiedaddy. this forum is better than the bay state dsm forum i tried out a year ago. they were all a bunch of *********************s

Funny you say that! Check out my post(Why is no other forum like USMB) under "Off Topic Discussions".

#9 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Funny you say that! Check out my post(Why is no other forum like USMB) under "Off Topic Discussions".

ill definatly do that

#10 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

If you think you're seeing a lot of Subbies now, just wait till you pick up the Subby wave. It's a very tight community, welcome to it!!

#11 06Impreza2.5

06Impreza2.5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fall River

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

If you think you're seeing a lot of Subbies now, just wait till you pick up the Subby wave. It's a very tight community, welcome to it!!

i guess ill just have to get used to it. lol. and im glad im welcome here.

#12 soobenthusiast

soobenthusiast

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Stillwater, OK

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

They're right about using the search feature, It will help answer most common questions; I've forgotten about it a couple times when the answer was one search away.

#13 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

Yup, yup--welcome tom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users