Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EJ Build Dates and Build Numbers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well since we have one for the EA's, I think its about time to put one up for the EJ crowd.

I'll start.
http://www.ultimates...&pictureid=2541
That says 10/89 and the build number is 939187 aka: the last 6 digits in the VIN
So I technically have an 89 legacy, not a 90 :-p.

I would post up an engine serial number but mine isn't the original engine, so
that would be moot.
Lets keep it going! Maybe even make it a sticky ;)

Twitch

#2 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

Well since we have one for the EA's, I think its about time to put one up for the EJ crowd.

I'll start.
http://www.ultimates...&pictureid=2541
That says 10/89 and the build number is 939187 aka: the last 6 digits in the VIN
So I technically have an 89 legacy, not a 90 :-p.

I would post up an engine serial number but mine isn't the original engine, so
that would be moot.
Lets keep it going! Maybe even make it a sticky ;)

Twitch

Title says '90 so it's a '90. It's not unusual for FUJI to start building the next model year cars in the last three months of the previous year.

#3 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Title says '90 so it's a '90. It's not unusual for FUJI to start building the next model year cars in the last three months of the previous year.

I know, many manufacturers do it.
But I was just hoping we could get a thing going like the EA's have over in the
older gen.
So we could start figuring out how the build numbers, build dates and serial numbers stack up.

Twitch

#4 Fuzpile

Fuzpile

Banned

• Banned
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

This is a good idea yet these days could be a problem. The regime is coagulating, corresponding every type of # and their type of "job creation" is to track and record all this. Computers link this up with other data. Until something changes I would be vague about precise numbers.
If just a regular person has a subscription to Alldata or other sevices they can track a vehicle between owners and locations. Couple that with Motor vehicle files and medical records and we are into a scary scenario.
We are just on the brink of this now but some disturbing letters may arrive in the mail later. It was those jobs we payed for. To monitor us.

#5 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

This is a good idea yet these days could be a problem. The regime is coagulating, corresponding every type of # and their type of "job creation" is to track and record all this. Computers link this up with other data. Until something changes I would be vague about precise numbers.
If just a regular person has a subscription to Alldata or other sevices they can track a vehicle between owners and locations. Couple that with Motor vehicle files and medical records and we are into a scary scenario.
We are just on the brink of this now but some disturbing letters may arrive in the mail later. It was those jobs we payed for. To monitor us.

You do have a valid point, but if you just post up the build date and build
number, there's almost no way to track that.
Unless somebody goes through the hassle and gets the info from Fuji and
goes through and matches up the build date with the build number, I don't
really see a security issue here.
Heck, if even if they post up their engine serial number as well as all that
other info, why would anyone want to track a lowly Subaru owner?

And if somebody feels that its a security risk, as you do, they don't have to
post up anything.
Its a free world and I can't force anybody to anything against their will, well
not over the internet anyway :brow: jk

Twitch

#6 Fuzpile

Fuzpile

Banned

• Banned
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Twitch,glad you came back. I see why you may raise a brow. There are actually three of those serial number trackers I know of. Hell I don't WHY they would but it all goes somewhere. It's triangulation and on file.
I'm just a lowly Subie driver myself. I don't think I should have any enemies but I might. This is a good thing you are trying to do and am sure it's done all over. Not trying to make you or anyone paranoid. Just that, as you indicated, a few digits are not displayed right here. They are of no use unless towards other motives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users