Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To anyone who may be wondering about this Yellow Gremlin that recently appeared beside my name in the posts: :lol: My Friend guessed my password, and put HIS car on there.:lol: Since his car is pretty cool, and I don't know how to change it, I guess I will remain the Yellow Gremlin, until I become the Super Bee???? :lol: One of these days, we'll see one of MY rides... -K

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone who may be wondering about this Yellow Gremlin that recently appeared beside my name in the posts: :lol: My Friend guessed my password, and put HIS car on there.:lol: Since his car is pretty cool, and I don't know how to change it, I guess I will remain the Yellow Gremlin, until I become the Super Bee???? :lol: One of these days, we'll see one of MY rides... -K

Lol, that's pretty funny.

Ok, to change your pic, go to your User CP, located on the bar directly below

the forum name.

Then right below that should be a list of items, one will be"Edit Profile Picture"

Click on that and then click the browse button in the center of your screen.

This will pop up a window that will allow you to go through your computer's

contents and find the picture you want to put up.

Twitch

The write up WAS nice, unfortunately I must be mentally challenged because I'm unable to follow written directions, "uploading" pics- wasn't gonna happen,:slobber: but I at least attempted the quote thing, I think I screwed that up too- so here I am.

I have a "Family thing" this Sat. and a "work thing" this Sun., next weekend I got a "thing" Sat. too, and probably recovering from that "thing" Sun..

Kinda how my whole summer has been, my main Ride dies, pull out the "collector car", tranny goes; borrow ride, brakes go; buy another "collector", tranny???? (I'll find out when I change the filter) Buy Subaru. I sure hope my luck is changin' I'm sick of this sh** Summer's almost gone, I haven't enjoyed it yet-:confused::eek::-\:slobber:

Welcome to life....I'm here with ya! ....Replace moms trans, work party out of town, blow hg on the way home, finish extra motor, install new motor, wedding way out of town, fix hangover, wait... thats just the last 2.5 weeks and rents due! Ahh life...I swear after 8hrs of wedding dishes my hands still arent clean and I got a thumb nail thats about to NOT grow back from slamming the nail bed on that damn honda knuckle of my moms. I heard there are flowers somwhere.....:)

• 8 months later...

O.K. After a loooooong absence, I think I should come back to this Hi! thing. Pretty much the only thing that's changed is that I've been "permanantly laid-off",and I've taken some computer classes. So, my Friends Gremlin is still my Avitar (I know what an avitar is now)- And I think I know how to quote stuff. #1 Collector is still waiting for Friend to finish rebuilding tranny (he had to have a new baby in there somewhere) #2 Collector is beached in my garage till I can get that pesky fuel line loosened from the carb. to change the filter. (Anyone know about 1986 Quadrajets? feel free to PM me-is it metric?) So------ Hi Again!

HA! we meet again..(evil laugh)

Tom has been telling me about your brake lines. How did that go so far? I'm sure we;ll see you agian sometime.

(ps, i got another red legacy for sale, same color, same price, what a coincidence)

HA! we meet again..(evil laugh)

Tom has been telling me about your brake lines. How did that go so far? I'm sure we;ll see you agian sometime.

(ps, i got another red legacy for sale, same color, same price, what a coincidence)

Hi Again! As of right now it looks like the hose did not do the trick, that wheel is still heating up. Think I'll be doing the caliper soon- put this in my thread, but no answer so far- Do I need to change the bracket with the caliper or can I keep it and just change caliper??

As for the Legacy- is it a 5spd by any chance??? I'm looking for a ride for my "significant other"- refuses drive an automatic.

i drove my father in laws Solara yesterday, when it was running you couldnt even hear the engine or exhaust.. it totally sucked. and it was an auto. it really made me appreciate my old rump roast manual trans wagon. hahaha:banana:

i drove my father in laws Solara yesterday, when it was running you couldnt even hear the engine or exhaust.. it totally sucked. and it was an auto. it really made me appreciate my old rump roast manual trans wagon. hahaha:banana:

I agree, hate a car I can't hear run.

Yeah, it's cool! Thanks for teaching me how to add "links"!!!!:grin:

Now if I could just figure out how to add pics! (I tried- but no luck:confused:)

I'll get it one of these days!

Well, if I come over tomorrow I will show you that too. We need to open a "Free" Photobucket account, then upload picture files from your computer, then just copy in "IMG" code (Its like a link) then paste it in your message and it will apper as an Image. :)

Real easy. I'll show ya :grin:

What year of El Camino do you have? I have a 1980 that I bought in 1997 for my first car. Someday it will get restored but for now its a good driver.

Kurt

It's a 1986, 305, Quadrajet, got it last May. (pretty clean for a WI car) Gave it all kinds of love... plugs,wires cap,rotor,rear springs,shocks, battery,exc.... was running weird...discovered cat was plugged, cut that off and temp. fix w/flex tube. Now having issues trying to get fuel filter to let loose. What engine do you have??? Quadrajet??? Hoping mine will be a driver real soon. As soon as I can get that fuel filter off, lookin at some new exhaust. Know what size fuel line is???(at filter) Metric??? 5/8 just the tiniest bit loose, I really need to ream on it, but don't want to strip it.

Thanks for the computer lessons Tom!! Looking forward to getting 5 years of pictures organized!!

Anyone wondering about the new avitar, Blue van is my 68 Chevy-(250 I6)

White van is my dearly departed 94 GMC Safari :( R.I.P.

So how did your brakes perform after driving from Menom Falls?

I think the issue should be resolved, that noise we do hear sounds like the rear brakes. I am betting the rear rotors are Warped and the pads have grooves in them causing the noise. Maybe some of them are chunking out.

I have a set of decent rear pads if they are the same style, which we should find out. I'll give them to ya when I see ya.