Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone available to help me out this coming week in CT?

Looking for a helper.Will buy lunch and send you home with some sort of parts,goodies,etc.

Basic moving and some inventory.

Need to start in Milford,CT as close to 9AM as possible but if you can't get there untill a little later I sure won't bitch.I do need to get out of there around 2:30 unless I canmake some arrangements with the kids.Then I could stay untill 5PM or so.

I am definitely doing this on Monday.The rest of the week is up in the air as I may be working Tuesday through Friday.All up in the air.Crazy conditions but that's where it's at these days. :rolleyes:

Also looking for some help in the coming weeks and weekends even if for just a few hours.It would help me out TREMENDOUSLY!

Two guys together can do the work or 3 individually with minimal effort.Trying to do it all by myself takes way more time.

Other projects to chose from:

engine swaps

tranny swaps

heater core swap

Anyone willing to help with these will indeed be paid some cash as long as you can swing some wrenches and be "the man".I'd never expect a free repair or even a cheap barter.Like most blue collar people I'm a good tipper when I get good service.;)

Man,if I can get a couple of swaps done on a weekend I'll be loving life!! REALLY need the help these days! Thanks for any consideration.

Cheers!

*jumps into car*

*drives to the east coast*

*runs back to the store*

*gets some beer*

*goes back to Paul's house*

*work on Soobs and drinks beer*

*drives back to west coast*

*drinks more beer*

*goes to bed*

man I wish it was that easy cause I'd be over there in a heartbeat:D

Originally posted by moosens

Hi Louis,you hit the magic post count I see

Ah, yes, but in the blink of an eye it's gone:(

I got your answering machine this a.m. but I might try to give it another shot this afternoon. I'm tied up until at least 2 today, but late afternoon and tomorrow is a possibility.

During the week, I am USUALLY out of work by 3:30 if that helps any.

This coming Saturday I have somthing going at 2pm. I would have to be home around noon so the morning might be good.

Sundays are usually fairly open.

Let me know what is good for you:drunk:

Cheers

-Louis-

'91 Loyale 4wd 5spd Wagon

Bit a of drive for me, but it might be worth it (read fun & relaxing). Might learn a bit, too.

I've got Sunday and Wednesday off... Sunday's shot (previous plans) but I can talk to the wife and see if we've got anything planned for Wednesday (I think she's in class all day anyhow). Need anybody Wednesday?

I'll check out how far away ya are when I get home, and get you a firm answer.

Not sure on Wednesday yet.Should be busy from Tuesday through Friday.

My place is in Milford,CT just off exit 40 of I-95.Actual address is 230 Woodmont Rd. if you want to do a map search.Super easy.Of anyone gets lost I'll have to shoot them....that easy.;)

Mostly for now I need to get some folks interested-or at least one-and we'll work out a good time.Most likely Saturday is best.

Hmm, Sunday I have to be in Woodbridge at 9am to pick up a part for one of my cars and then was thinking of attempting to pick up Skip's Bratcart since it is supposed to be warm (relatively speaking, of course). What time Sunday did you have in mind?

-Louis-

Originally posted by moosens

Hmmm,I could blow off a day of laboring on a Sunday for getting Skip's beer wagon....thinking....I probably have at least one duty to fulfill.

If you think you can break away, we would probably be back in the Bridgeport area by about 1:00 or so giving us most of the afternoon to take care of other projects.

This is all tentative until I can verify the lady is available for us to come by and get the kart. I'm planning to give her a call tomorrow.

Be advised, though, that my mode of transportation for this trip could best be described as "third world". Are your tetanus shots up to date?:D

Cheers

-Louis-

Well shoot, I still haven't gotten ahold of the Bratkart lady.:mad: I'm going to try again in a few minutes. If I don't reach her tonight, I'll try one more time in the a.m.. If that fails, I guess I'll have to scrap Operation Bratkart for this weekend.

I can still come down your way regardless. Let me know.

-Louis-

Saturday was a total kid-honey do-day....a.k.a. washout!!!

Sunday I have the whole day.....as of this minute.Call my cell phone anytime after 9AM or earlier if you did get ahold of her and need to go early.Doesn't matter to me,an earlier start is fine if needed.Or if you get her on Sunday call me and I can probably go with no trouble.Just give me a good 30 minute lead,which is about what it'd take for you to get down my way anyways.

Otherwise I'll be heading to Northford as early as possible to pick up my s/r 5spd.Then it's back to the shop and start working.Probably doing small jobs like brakes and oil change on my touring wagon....or if you stop by we'll attack the heap....we'll see.No pressure to come down.The weather is nice and we all have things to do.

I have a fairly free week ahead of me with the exception of some tile work,painting,plumbing,installations....the usual.:rolleyes: