Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sesh's 1987 GL Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,621 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

Great Build Thread!

...installed new radiator fan/thermo switch (thin and cheap) ...

Could I ask you more info about the Thermo Switch you Used?

Does anyone have a pdf of the COMPLETE FSM for an EA82? ...

Yes, I have the Download Links on my "Public Profile", just Click on my Avatar and You'll Find them.

Kind Regards.

#77 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Will everyone PLEASE stop staring at me like I just read this thread from beginning to end over the past hour and a half? it's NOT FUNNY!......

By the way, this was a beautiful build to read through for the past hour and a half. Bravo. :clap:

#78 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Great Build Thread!

Could I ask you more info about the Thermo Switch you Used?

Yes, I have the Download Links on my "Public Profile", just Click on my Avatar and You'll Find them.

Kind Regards.

Thanks for the link to the service manual. I used a thermo switch available on rockauto. The stock setup was a two-spade switch. There is also a single-pin style which you have to ground the housing to get it to work. If you're rewiring the fan circuit I'd recommend the two spade type as it is easier to connect to.

#79 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Will everyone PLEASE stop staring at me like I just read this thread from beginning to end over the past hour and a half? it's NOT FUNNY!......

By the way, this was a beautiful build to read through for the past hour and a half. Bravo. :clap:

Thanks. I've been busy with school and not doing much car related work. I've added another radiator fan and a front skid plate since my last post update.

The heater fan seems to have a mind of its own and might need replacing. The relay, wiring, switch, etc.. are more or less working fine.

#80 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

There is currently an EJ22 from a 1999 Impreza Outback Sport on an engine stand in my garage. Also a nicely cut down wiring harness :Flame:, computer and full exhaust. Any ideas for a computer box and where to put it? I was thinking amo can in the spare tire area...

Here's the NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!

Edited by kanurys, 29 January 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#81 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I finally got off my butt and made a center console cover like jackson-rally, except not as awesome. It fits like a glove, though, and accepts the stock shifter boot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users