Ultimate Subaru Message Board

assembling 4 new 96 0utback struts to put on a 90 air ride legacy so I have no parts { if I understand correctly 96-98 outback should work is any year better then the other I noticed some different part # } since ordering all new

ordering 2 front , 2 rear springs 2front kyb struts and mounts 2rear kyb struts and mounts, 4 bellows I believe they come with bumpers, top and bottom rubber gaskets for the spring perches then the Subaru parts for you diagram gets a little fuzzy can anybody think of any other parts I need , This stuff is gonna cost almost as much as i paid for the car. But I couldn’t off it sitting like it is for nothing so I guess it is what it is thanks bill

Edited by baltimore

You will need rear tophats that fit your 90 Legacy.

Tophats from a 95+ won't fit without drilling new holes in the body, which can be hard to do and keep them centered and not throw off camber.

good luck.....I';ve never seen anyone use OB struts with functioning air ride setup.