Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strut assembly question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore

baltimore

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • baltimore

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

assembling 4 new 96 0utback struts to put on a 90 air ride legacy so I have no parts { if I understand correctly 96-98 outback should work is any year better then the other I noticed some different part # } since ordering all new
ordering 2 front , 2 rear springs 2front kyb struts and mounts 2rear kyb struts and mounts, 4 bellows I believe they come with bumpers, top and bottom rubber gaskets for the spring perches then the Subaru parts for you diagram gets a little fuzzy can anybody think of any other parts I need , This stuff is gonna cost almost as much as i paid for the car. But I couldn’t off it sitting like it is for nothing so I guess it is what it is thanks bill

Edited by baltimore, 13 August 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#2 bstone

bstone

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Falls Village, CT

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

I did EXACTLY the same thing about 2 months ago.

#3 baltimore

baltimore

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • baltimore

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

You wouldn't happen to have a parts needed list would you. how did it turn out for you thanks

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,518 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

You will need rear tophats that fit your 90 Legacy.

Tophats from a 95+ won't fit without drilling new holes in the body, which can be hard to do and keep them centered and not throw off camber.

good luck.....I';ve never seen anyone use OB struts with functioning air ride setup.

#5 baltimore

baltimore

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • baltimore

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Thanks but it is sort of my only option cant find the rear top hats anywhere

#6 bstone

bstone

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Falls Village, CT

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

You wouldn't happen to have a parts needed list would you. how did it turn out for you thanks

It comes with everything you need, even the mount nuts. Just reuse the two strut bolts and nuts that are already on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users