Ultimate Subaru Message Board

General compatibility question

I have an '87 GL with an EA82 engine. I want to replace the headlight bucket (housing or whatever it's called) and the clock on the dash and a number of other things like the overhead light.

If I'm going to pull parts from a junkyard what year range can I pull from? Can I pull from DLs, Loyales, or Outbacks? Or other models?

Thanks.

Other EA82's - GL's and Loyale's built from '85 to '94. But watch out that you get the right one's. '87 is right in the middle and the early (85/86) are slightly different from the later (88 through 94) in the way the grill mounts to the headlight bucket.

I have a brand new OEM headlight and bucket assembly for one side or the other - can't recall which. If you are interested send me a PM, etc. I'm in West Linn so not far if you wanted to pick it up, etc. I probably have a used one to match that I would throw in. Say $75 for the pair? The assembly is VERY expensive from the dealer - I just happen to have this one....

GD