Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

General compatibility question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cup O Noodles

Cup O Noodles

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Eugene

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

I have an '87 GL with an EA82 engine. I want to replace the headlight bucket (housing or whatever it's called) and the clock on the dash and a number of other things like the overhead light.

If I'm going to pull parts from a junkyard what year range can I pull from? Can I pull from DLs, Loyales, or Outbacks? Or other models?

#2 GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Other EA82's - GL's and Loyale's built from '85 to '94. But watch out that you get the right one's. '87 is right in the middle and the early (85/86) are slightly different from the later (88 through 94) in the way the grill mounts to the headlight bucket.

I have a brand new OEM headlight and bucket assembly for one side or the other - can't recall which. If you are interested send me a PM, etc. I'm in West Linn so not far if you wanted to pick it up, etc. I probably have a used one to match that I would throw in. Say $75 for the pair? The assembly is VERY expensive from the dealer - I just happen to have this one....

#3 Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,816 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Damn....I scrapped an 87 with good headlights yesterday.

#4 Cup O Noodles

Cup O Noodles

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Eugene

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the offer General, I'll probably take you up on it after a while but it isn't an immediate concern. I know the driver's side bucket leaks because part of the inside is rusted but it isn't bad enough to blow the bulb. Not yet, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users