Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX exhaust on 88 GL-10?

hey amigos,l`m new to the board so hi.l just bought an 88 GL-10 sedan and it came with some cool extras;WRX seats(already installed) WRX exhaust (not installed) Spearco water injection system (not installed).lt`s a really clean example with just over 100K on it.DNA boost controller installed and set to 14PSI and Autometer air/fuel guage shows it`s not leaning out on boost.Previous owner did something to richen it up but l haven`t investigated that yet.Does anyone have any experience with WRX exhaust on these cars?l don`t expect a direct bolt on but any info on what to expect would be appreciated.l`m planning to take this car down the usual upgrade path and any advice is welcomed.l`ve had many turbo cars from Porsche 911 `s (still have one) to my last project,a Mitsu GVR4 which l tweaked to within an iche of it`s life and the limit of my charge cards.l had to sell it because it was feeling faster then my 911...l don`t think the Subie will cause the same problem but what a cool car! l love the thing! We just moved to the mountains and this thing gets me there,that hight adjustment rocks! anyhow thanks in advance and it`s great to be part of a great forum.....rick

I don't think the flange on the downpipe is the same for the WRX as it is on the puny stock GL-10.. That just means you are going to have to find a Legacy turbo to slap in there instead:D.. The downpipe will hang a little lower than the stock one as well. As far as the rest of the exhaus, I have no idea if it will fit.. I kinda doubt it though.. Lotsa things changed over 10-12 years..

yeah,l figured as much.lt`s cool to have anything WRX but in New Mexico there`s no emissoins testing so why would l want an exhaust with not one but TWO cats? l`ll use it or parts of it though if l can.Right now the exhaust stops after the down pipe.Sounds a little unfinished for me but it`s not too noisy.l can`t wait to start the modding on this relic,80`s japanese car technology was so cool and gimicky l love it.

Hey welcome to the board. You aren't too far away from where I live. I just bought a wrx "offroad" downpipe and midpipe to use with my wrx turbo when I put the rx together. Doesn't have any cats. I haven't got it yet so I don't know how it fits. That wouldn't happen to be the GL-10 that was on ebay in Colorado would it? Thats how my exhaust was for a while. The factory downpipe muffles the sound alot. I replaced it with a pipe pointed at the ground. It sounds mean after the turbo spools.