Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
EA-81 rebuild questions
Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:02 PM
1. Best spark plug for stock '81 auto EA-81?
2. Any particular brand / size / shape of circlip pliers for installing circlips on piston pins?
3. Any particular brand / type of silicone sealant for the case halves (and wherever else it might be used in assembling the engine)?
Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:20 PM
2. Regular needle nose pliers are fine for this. Use a Ring expander to put the rings on the pistons so you don't scratch the pistons. You will need to make or buy a tool for pulling the piston pins as well as a large allen wrench or socket for pulling the access plugs.
3. Subaru 3 Bond, or Loctite 518 for the case halves. I'm sure there are others you could use also.
Edited by Crazyeights, 22 August 2010 - 08:24 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users