Ultimate Subaru Message Board

stock elec. fan Q's

JWX

ok my opinon here.

dont run without the mechanical fan unless you install another electric to replace. do the relay set up that the skip man suggested. I have my cooling system all stock with the addition of a new 2 row radiator and have no problems in the summer heat. it rarely needs to kick on the electric fan.

on my toyota truck however I converted to a electric set up. It did give a little bit more HP. so if that is the reason for the removal give it a try.

The only advantage to a clutch driven fan would be water submersibility in off road conditions.

not really. clutch fans are rather poor in water. most serious of roaders will remove a clutch fan before going into some deep water. I have seen the radiators of those that did not.:eek:

that was the reason for my electric conversion on my truck. to avoid the need to remove the fan before a dunking.

one last note. unless you find some kick a$$ electric fan I dont feel that they pull as much air at higher rpm as a cluth fan would.

that is all for me