Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have the kyb's, and i ordered whiteline springs, well i got the wrong springs, they sent me wrx springs, and i tell you i had a bad day that day, of course i got the right springs, and it all worked out but becouse of this i am rpobley the only one who knows, wrx parts are different then our 93-01 impreza's

The WRX springs will fit. I have some and have test fitted them on my 97 L sedan. But, we had concerns as to how high it would ride. SO, they sit in my garage waiting till I get the time for some trial and error. We figured we could cut a quarter of a turn off of the springs to make it ride at the right height without ruining the ride.

I used KYB GR2s with my stock springs. The car is very happy now, rides good and stiff, but not like a rock if you know what I mean. The GR2s are said to have a 30% stiffer ride than the stock RS struts.

well heres the details, the outer spring diameter is diferent, the leangth is different, maybe thay do fit but not right, may be rattles

or rubbing, i have kyb agx adjustables with whiteline springs, on a 95 impreza l 2.2 auto, and she rides great, now i need strut tops ecouse the stiffer ride wore them out, and now the clunk on ocasion, i payed 200 for the springs, new, i know that the wrx has longer shock travel and longer springs, they are a lot stiffer springs becouse of the heaveir car, i would not try wrx spring becouse i know they wil be a little different, and i am a perfectionist

be weary of the spring rate differences, for any idea of how they may act on your car, compare your vehicle's weight to the wrx, and also consider weight distribution front to rear, most likely the wrx is a bit heavier (i know the turbo system weighs about an extra 200lbs on the front of the car at least)