Ultimate Subaru Message Board

was putting in a different stereo in the forester oem , had key on for awhile , after install battery dead, jumped battery everything good, wondering if battery is going bad, it looks older , yes leaving the key on will kill battery but after awhile not 5 min

It all depends how much power you're drawing. If you have a large system and were really cranking it you could drain a starter battery in that amount of time. Especially if the battery is more than a couple years old. Starter batteries do not like to be discharged very much - doing that greatly decreases their life. Get a deep cycle battery if you want to run the stereo a lot without the engine running, such as an Odyssey or Optima or other AGM.

I removed my 96 OBW left side door panel twice in the past 5 years to work on the window master switch. First time it didn't take me long but the second time, for some reason the panel did not want to go back. Took me a good 30 minutes just to reinstall the panel. Hope I don't have to do it again.