Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

battery went dead

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

was putting in a different stereo in the forester oem , had key on for awhile , after install battery dead, jumped battery everything good, wondering if battery is going bad, it looks older , yes leaving the key on will kill battery but after awhile not 5 min

#2 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,717 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

odd.. I've taken a nap in my Legacy and almost 2 hours lady my Alpine headunit (CDE-9856) was still playing and no dead battery.

#3 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

It all depends how much power you're drawing. If you have a large system and were really cranking it you could drain a starter battery in that amount of time. Especially if the battery is more than a couple years old. Starter batteries do not like to be discharged very much - doing that greatly decreases their life. Get a deep cycle battery if you want to run the stereo a lot without the engine running, such as an Odyssey or Optima or other AGM.

#4 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

It's also possible that your alternator is not fully charging your battery any longer. Have the battery and alternator checked by someone you trust.

#5 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,631 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Suggest pulling the caps off the battery to see if the water level is full in the battery.

#6 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

new alt, old battery it is a oem stereo from a newer outback ,broke the door switch also board ,now window will not go up, never did this before all plug and play now dead battery ???????dam

Edited by 86subaru, 29 August 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#7 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

ok, found a different master switch , still drivers window will not go up ,.a buzzing noise in door now all others work , battery seems to hold a charge now, could i have not hooked up something while having the door panel off ,thanks :mad:

#8 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

took door panel off , found window motor unplugged, had more trouble putting door panel back on, :eek:

#9 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,717 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

What year? I'm scared to take my door panel off I remember back in 1999 having to do it on my Nissan Maxima and what a pain it was to get back on..

#10 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

99 forester , it took 2 people to put it back on,

#11 vasy

vasy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Richmond, VA

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

I removed my 96 OBW left side door panel twice in the past 5 years to work on the window master switch. First time it didn't take me long but the second time, for some reason the panel did not want to go back. Took me a good 30 minutes just to reinstall the panel. Hope I don't have to do it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users