Ultimate Subaru Message Board

check out my(wifes) sweet new roo!!

so, sunday morning somebody bought wifeys 97 avalon i put on CL for giggles. we debated on getting a fixer-upper 93imp(thanx for the help today guys). I called this guy on this 86 gl and went to see it. I fell in love..............

apparently the guy has been out of town for the last few weeks and his wife put it on CL and he got like a hundred calls on it. he just got in this morning and this afternoon(after looking at the ad 5-6 times) i gave him a call. one other kid had seen it and called back in tears cuz his mom wouldnt buy it for him, saying " the first ************* to see that thing is gonna buy it.":grin: $950 factory chrome kit, 185000 miles carby, no ps. still has orig. bill from dealer and a folder FULL of receipts dating back to 86'.

heres some pics:

RV

DSC01799.jpg

the rest and my 91 loyale

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc201/naomirford/roos/

added a few more of the goodies that came with!!

Edited by Subruise

Now that is a SWEEEET find, and d/r too!:grin: Count the number of turns lock to lock of the steering wheel, if its 4.8 then its got the variable rack. No need for power steering (got one in my 86').:)

Ed

i looked at the receipt: it has variable steering:banana:

• 1 month later...

they were an option and i have no idea where to get a set :mad:

ive never seen another subie with them. the car also came with 4 mudflaps and a ski rack($800 option) from the dealer.

its wierd, im putting the big wheels on "my car (91 loyale 2" lift)" and i still love driving the gl.

RV