Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Based Buggies , lets build a few

Scott in Bellingham

I would like to make a bunch of Subaru based buggies , basically take one Doner car a EA81 or EA82 , make a light steel framework of tubing, add all the Stock subaru components , add some fiberglass panels and or steel or aluminum panels, we could use my shop , if I had say 3-5 guys that could dedicate 1 or 2 nights a week we could design and build them in a batch , would need money up front to buy all the supplies, you provide your own Doner car, my personal favorite would be a EA82 with dual range and add a EJ22

something like these, that you guys think? anyone in NW WA that would be interested ?

Rhn-HummbugPD.jpg

Rhn-Bandit.jpg

Rhn-Bandit4.jpg

use the chunk of body with the engine, suspension, controls (steering,footpedals, shifter),floor for your feet,also with the Vin # on the engine side firewall , that way it could be licensed or get a ORV permit

mount radiator up behind engine for better aproach angle

rectangular and square tubing for base frame, round tubing for uppper cage

first one modified stock sheet metal , next ones fiberglass panels ( build molds off first ones dimensions )

80" wheelbase

27-29" tires

2 or 4 seats

Started #1

shortened EA82 silver turbo wagon 20" so 77" wheelbase, lookin at 2" lift at front struts, goin to go look at some Boat seats, would like light weight and water proof, will run the 27" TSLs , this things being built out of extra junk just laying around so EA82 engine with weber carb, 4 Speed Dual range from a EA81, EA81 clutch, think Ill go with a pink and purple paint for the girl , would like it runnin in 2 weeks

I live too far away to help you out though.

Wuss! :lol: Just carpool up there with me ;) I seem to head up there fairly frequently...

Man Scott, how many projects you got going? Where did this one come from? Looks like your missing parts of your subaru though :lol: Can't wait to see this one done!

You better finish this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

engine and trans are in , now to start the build up, up untill now its just been a tear down, got a Webered EA82 , hope to run it without any computer, may mount the rad as shown behind engine, or stock location raised up for better aproch angle,

4976192048_9eb23f4b2b_z.jpg

I would definitely do this if the following things could be accomplished (pretty easy stuff) :

- keep it legal for road use (throw on some LED turn signals, brake lights, etc)

- Keep it highway driveable (easy)

- make a flip-down windshield for off-road use

- 4 seats!

I would totally sacrifice a EA82 car for that if I could keep driving it on the street...