Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru "Harvester"

TommyH

• 2 months later...
might need a bit of clearancing.those tires look like they might rub a little on the inside..zzz

what size tires are those?

They are well worn Maxxis Mudzilla LT 33x13.50-15 :)

_small.jpg

I might have to get rid of the back doors :(

Front wheels are rubbing on lower spring plate. 2" spacers will fix that problem...

• 2 months later...

Nothing new really... Gearing was way off with mudzillas so i bought set of used 235/75-15 Bfg At's. Planning to try them out this weekend with hopefully not so much smoke from clutch :)

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

...might have to cut/regroove tires for better offroad/mud traction.

• 4 weeks later...
Your ride is quieter than mine!!! What exhaust you runnin?

Front pipe is stock followed by selfmade y-pipe with 110degree bend and a 16" long 2,25" straight trough muffler with somekind of a flame killer inside. Mufflers outer shell seems to be about 5".

Rotate the flapper 180* so it opens toward the windshield.Otherwise it might get bent if you drive too fast forward.Sounds good though.

Hmm.... How fast is too fast? :) Flapper is made from 3mm steel (0,0762") so I don't think that i'm ever going to drive that thing that it bents with wind force. ;)

What did you do with the fuel tank?

There is a 20 liter fuel tank out of a Ski-Doo Nordic behind the passenger seat strapped down with some gargo straps. Mb 190E tank would be alot better. Its bigger and if i remember correctly it would fit between rear shock towers.

• 1 year later...

Hmm.... How fast is too fast? :) Flapper is made from 3mm steel (0,0762") so I don't think that i'm ever going to drive that thing that it bents with wind force. ;)

I would say 50 MPH or better,May not bend the metal but might wear out/jam the hinge.Besides what happens if you find a low hanging tree branch with it?