Ultimate Subaru Message Board

king lift springs

2003suby

hi guys

I am searching for answers ....

I am searching for someone that has actual real world, installed amount of lift a set of king lift springs give to an SG ( mine is MY03) on kyb gr2's .

I am trying to get as close to that 2" threshold of lift before I have to start making drive line spacers .

The plan is gr2's , kings and a set of 1"lift blocks from subtle ,but I am getting conflicting answers as to how much lift the kings actually give .

any help will be great

mike

Not sure if this comparison will help for your year/model, but I did King Springs lift springs on an '00 Outback and it gained around 1 to 1.25". I am thinking they are good for a solid 1" lift. It may give a little more if the original springs were sagging very much.

I put them on a '96 Legacy too, along with Outback struts, and that gave it probably 3" or maybe even a little more.

Not sure if this comparison will help for your year/model, but I did King Springs lift springs on an '00 Outback and it gained around 1 to 1.25". I am thinking they are good for a solid 1" lift. It may give a little more if the original springs were sagging very much.

I put them on a '96 Legacy too, along with Outback struts, and that gave it probably 3" or maybe even a little more.

well thats at least some info , thanks !

where are you getting your springs from .. only place I've found is primitive for 525.00 shipped

That seems to be around the going price. I got mine from Renick Motorsports but that was about 3-4 years ago. I don't think Renick sells them anymore. Someone posted a link a few weeks back of another source for them; I think it might have been a little less price than what you're stating though yours are shipped so that's probably not too bad.

Make sure the place has them in stock, because otherwise you're waiting 6-8 weeks for them to arrive by boat from Australia. Some people have ordered them directly from King Springs in Australia by fedex air and ended up paying about the same amount; i.e. you pay a ton more for air shipping, but you're not paying any middleman markup.

Also note that if you're doing this on a Legacy or Outback, you'll likely need Impreza or Forester upper spring seats for the front. The Australian spec Outbacks for some reason had a smaller upper diameter than u.s. spec.

Also if you want lift obviously make sure to get speicfically the _lift_ springs, since King Springs makes lift, standard, and lowering springs.

Or if you can find Scorpion springs I believe those are the same as King Springs.

hmm I never thought about getting them straight from king ... I wonder what the cost is if I don't have them air expressed to me ?

I am making this lift on a FOZ so I hope that won't be an issue . I never looked at scorpion springs .. Ill have to take a look at those too , thanks

I don't think they can ship them to you by boat for just one set of springs but I could be wrong. Because UPS et al don't offer an overseas 'ground' service for small packages, at least not to us commoners. The people who are getting them by boat are ordering in a large enough quantity, like say a pallet, that they are getting a shipping container or are using a freight consolidator to get their stuff over here by boat. Also note you might have to pay import duties, I forgot to mention that. Sometimes fedex and those guys charge a 'brokerage fee' for getting the package through customs too.