Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bremerton, WA?

I've moved from Lynnwood to Bremerton, so all my friends with benefits (welders, tire mounting machines and the like) are too far away.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this side of the water has good welding skills, worst case I have a 220V stick, and I'm only modifying a bumper but hey, a chance to hang out, talk subies and drink barley pop is always fun.

In return, I've got an air compressor, so if its something you would find useful to use I'm game, kind of a skills/tools exchange.

Also, anyone know where the good pull a parts are on this side? I'm needing a 3.900 rear diff

...Also, anyone know where the good pull a parts are on this side? I'm needing a 3.900 rear diff

The local yards that I have been to are on Highway 3 between Gorst and Belfair. There is (was? been a year) one near Poulsbo off of Bond Rd, IIRC. Most of the yards around here seem to have "flexible pricing", somewhere between "your dressed like one of us" and "can you grab your ankles?":rolleyes: Also supposed to be 1 or 2 places in Port Orchard. Otherwise, I make trips to Tacoma PAP.

I have a 110v MIG (currently out of wire and gas) and a 30yrold 220v stick welder. I haven't had enough practice to even maintain my mediocre welding abilities.

If your number is the same, I'll call you when I go to the cabin next. Maybe the weekend after this one. The trail is longer than you remember, with a killer mudhole now.

Same number, I might not be here that weekend, going to San D to visit the folks.

Killer mudhole you say :grin: