Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy.

Hey I'm Shaun I live in VT, and at the age of 18 I have already owned over 10 Subarus. I've been a lurker for a while, and have recently started posting. I have already found tons of useful information. This site is an amazing recourse for anything Subaru. Thank you so much for all the help already, and I look forward to working with all the amazing people on the USMB! Here are a few shots of my current projects! (the old ones anyway) I also have a 2002 WRX as my daily driver!

58970_1591383422925_1186063361_1714075_5025562_n.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

Yeah I have been going to that show for around 4 years now, I drove the brat this year, and the wagon the year before! Hopefully the brat will get a 2.2 this winter so I can make it all the way down without playing highway repair man

:-\ That or the wagon is going to get the five speed swap so it's not revving 4000 rpm all the way down! Thanks for the compliments!

Welcome to the board!

I too, at 18 years old, have owned my fair share of cars, 12 total, and 5 of them Subarus. They last forever though, and each one Ive sold, Ive kept tabs on.

The 1985 Subaru DL that I sold had 456k on its second transmission and had headgaskets done twice and apparently has near 700k miles now :)

Very nice Subarus, keep them in good condition and they will do the same for you :)

Youll find all advice you need here, or just cool people that you can call buddies that know their s**t about these cars! *Mentioning GD* whos put up with my nonstop questions :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board!

I too, at 18 years old, have owned my fair share of cars, 12 total, and 5 of them Subarus. They last forever though, and each one Ive sold, Ive kept tabs on.

The 1985 Subaru DL that I sold had 456k on its second transmission and had headgaskets done twice and apparently has near 700k miles now

Very nice Subarus, keep them in good condition and they will do the same for you

Youll find all advice you need here, or just cool people that you can call buddies that know their s**t about these cars! *Mentioning GD* whos put up with my nonstop questions /QUOTE]

WOW that is a lot of miles! I could never dream to get that out of anything in this state (just because of the rust) I try to keep mine as nice as I can (meaning that they do not get driven in the salt) It's kind of sad, really I can't use my cars 5-6 months out of the year, and that's when they are the most fun as well.

Dude.:slobber:

:slobber:

I want your WRX.:slobber:

I shall trade you a 1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe for it. :grin:

JK JK

Get yourself a beater Subaru... something cheap (500 or less) and use it in the winter months and beat the bloody crap out of it... They are amazing in the snow, and the most fun... You wont regret that decision, and if it falls apart after a few years... well buy another... or move yourself and the incredible subies out here where theres no salt... at least I dont think there is... (dont quote me on that :lol: )

Usually thats what I do, Unfortunately this year I don't have the funds due to being a new college student so this will be the ONLY year the wrx gets driven in the salt. Last year I had a Subaru Brighton coupe with almost 220k on it I beat all winter long! Way better then the Tercel I had the year before (rebuilt the engine 2 times) So much for Toyota reliability. And 500 up here buys you a rusty POS with a good drive train that you need to spend 3 months of your life splicing new rear quarters on it (off from a 4-door because you can not find another 2-door) and tracking down doors because you stupidly bought a 2-door not realizing how hard it is to find decent ones :banghead:

Personal experience I take it? lol

Yea, I had a friend that told me to buy a Toyota truck for 2000, it would be a 1990-1997 that would be in that price range, and I found out quickly, that 2000 will buy me an 85 toyota pickup, so I just bought a Subaru and an XBOX and a nice tv... which I left in the back of my friends van when he rolled it, so at least I have an xbox