Ultimate Subaru Message Board

385 miles one way in the lifted BRAT, then more

did the 385 miles one way in the 4" lifted BRAT on 27.5 tires with weber last evening.. about 23 mpg after corrections for speedo etc.

Then coming back, today, with about 500 pounds of someones belongings, got about 27mpg til the wind started to pick up, then down to about 19 i guess. BRAT with 4" lift and 27.5 tires has a roadtrip in. For those, who want to lift a gen2 BRAT, the 205/75R15 do rub when loaded, (on turns and bumps) rub on the backs, on some Skyjacker lift shocks. My mudlfaps, whats left of them at least..........yeah i had a good load in the back end, topper on etc.

My lifted BRAT is worthy unloaded of a cross the country trip, i would not hesitatate to take it to alaska, loaded would be no problem with some smaller tires, not the 205/75R15 Baja Widetracks.

Not sure i want to go the 1500 miles roundtrip to Denver next week with the BRAT......or if i will take SVX (if i dont sell it tomorrow at the Subaru Show) or take the CRX.........

fun times in Lafayette indiana and moving the SubieMech back.