Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

clueless on purchase price

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maree

maree

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Iowa

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:21 PM

I sure would appreciate advice about the purchase price on a 2004 Forester. I found one that has all of the options and the right color, but it has been used as a demo and has 1800 miles on it. The dealer offerred to sell it for 2300 off the sticker price.

Does that sound like a fair deal or should I wait til they get a brand new car in?? I am clueless.

Thanks!!

#2 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:34 PM

What's the sticker price? I would think that you should get a fair percentage of the sticker price off, considering it is less than new. At least 10-15%, or 20% if you can manage it :D Good Luck!

#3 maree

maree

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Iowa

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

Scooby-
Thanks alot. The discount amounts to less than 10% so I guess it is not such a good deal. Thanks for your perspective.

#4 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:36 PM

Check out http://www.edmunds.com/ they have a breakdown on dealer's cost for the car and accessories, and a info on rebates etc. I have looked there and gotten the car faxes from Consumer Reports. The numbers are pretty darned accurate.

#5 Rooskie

Rooskie

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Idaho

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

Subaru dealers are always working deals that are 1-3% over invoice. I would think that a demo should go for invoice if not 1-2% below. They were the ones that used it. The Subie invoices are posted on websites as others have mentioned. Go in armed with those printed off, tell them what you want & thats all that you will do. Do not fall into their persuasions. Use other dealerships in the area if they won't work for you. I will tell you that there is not a lot of markup on Subes, so there isn't a ton of room. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users