Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa: Timber Ridge Trail Ride 2010

mcbrat

I ended up getting there late Friday, and was going to do some night wheeling, but I didn't have any power to my fans or AUX lights... so hung out by the fire... Then Saturday, it rained the entire day, and landowner shut down the trails until Sunday morning, so we hung out, cooked, etc....

Sunday came, and we got a few good hours of wheeling in before heading for home....

http://www.indysworld.com/ci4wi/2010/pics/castana-2010.html

Neat!

My hometown is Smithland , and my family still farms out that way. There are some nasty trails and climbs on the home place. I have done some pretty risky/dumb/fun things out there with my international 1 ton and the 69 scout we had out there. Small world eh?

A few weekends ago I almost killed my Toy. Seeing your inclinometer pic made me think of it. I had mine pegged at 40 degrees, pitch and yaw.

This pic kinda shows just how tilted it was, the second will give an idea of just how steep the hill was. Pucker action.

Friends can go to my "just for the homies" gallery and see just how feaked out I was. First is me a little worried, wondering if it was gonna level out, the second is me thinking it was gonna go all wrong. lol My sister was having a blast.

HPIM4265.JPG

HPIM4242.JPG

Edited by Zap

• 3 weeks later...