Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Figured I'd say hello

Hey all,

Been lurking here for a bit and just signed up. I don't own a Subaru as yet, but I used to be the proud owner of a 4x4 Tercel wagon that died awhile back from terminal rust. While searching for a replacement a buddy of mine began preaching to me the virtues of the early Subaru wagons. Long story short, I'm looking into finding one as an alternative to the Terc. Neither car seems very common in these parts so I'm guessing I will have to be very patient, or travel to get one. I'm a better than fair mechanic/fabricator , and hope I can help out from time to time here with that knowledge . I'm not really the extreme offroading type, more a fan of the amazing utility and practicality of these vehicles. 30+ mpg and impressive 4x4 capabilitys are hard to beat. Anyway, just thought I would say hello, and if anyone has a line on a 4x4 wagon near my neck of the woods I'd love to hear about it :) .

Jeremy.S

Welcome, this is an amazing resource for anything Subaru, I'm sure you will be able to find the right one if you take your time! I have owned both of those cars! I sold my Tercel 4x4 to pay for my 82 Subaru wagon, and have to say I liked my tercel, but I LOVE my Subaru. I lost a little in mpg, but it was well worth it! These cars are amazing you will not regret getting one! :)

welcome home jeremy, youll get your subie. be paitient. read alot. on a different topic i saw you had a 4x4 tercel. if you have the pitch/yaw gauges still id be interested in purchasing them. i saw another soob that had them recently and now i really want some. thanx man, and again, welcome.

RV

Hey,

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I didn't have the inclinometer on my Terc :( or I'd have saved it. Going to call on an 86 gl wagon tomorrow about 360 miles away tomorrow. Supposed to be an Arizona car imported to the rust belt and run good . I hope the guy is on the level..12 hr round trip will make for a grumpy Ogre otherwise lol. Anything I should ask him or look out for on the 86?