Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Head gasket letter from Subaru

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It is Service Program WWP-99 and mine was a uses 2000 Legacy and after one phone call to the zone office they told me to take it to the local dealer and they replaced the gaskets under their Warranty Extension

Are you saying they replaced the head gaskets free of charge, or did you have evidence of leaking?

I think this block-weld fix is a joke. I have 2 Subarus, but as a result of this "fix", will probably never buy one again. Seriously.

I beleive you don't get the letter unless you have a 98 or newer car. Phase II engines in other words. They don't want to pay for the phase I's because there were too many.

IMHO, Subaru is trying to pull a fast one because most people are unaware of just how Mickey Mouse this "fix" really is. I've lost all faith in this manufacturer.

I have pictures from another forum of what stop weld can do to your radiator, not to mention your heater core, water pump, etc. I bought this car because of Subaru's reputation for high quality and longevity. My opinion has chaged as a result of this fiasco.

I have pictures from another forum of what stop weld can do to your radiator, not to mention your heater core, water pump, etc. I bought this car because of Subaru's reputation for high quality and longevity. My opinion has chaged as a result of this fiasco.

Hey John, post a couple of the best (or worst) if you can, or post a link to where they can be viewed. I'm sure that a lot of people here (including me) would like to see 'em.

Holding Subaru's feet to the fire will only make for better cars in the future.

• 8 years later...

We I was hoping I would not have to post on this again.  Here is the situation my Mom is the orginal owner of a 2003 Legacy GT sedan from Cherry Hill, NJ Subaru was a exec. car.  she had both head gaskets replaced at 70,000 by SOA under warrenty, however at 95,000 the dealer that is near where she lives now in Michigan said the head gaskets needs to be replaced again?  This should be under the EJ252 warrenty correct!

What kind of additive is this Subaru special one?

What about us people who don't live in the US, how do we acquire it?

Anyone knows the chemistry behind it, maybe I can buy some similar here in the third world, Subaru dealers here have no idea what this is about, i think it only exists in the US

What kind of additive is this Subaru special one?

What about us people who don't live in the US, how do we acquire it?

Anyone knows the chemistry behind it, maybe I can buy some similar here in the third world, Subaru dealers here have no idea what this is about, i think it only exists in the US

It was only a problem on the 2.5 non-turbo engines.

If you don't have any leaks around the head gaskets, don't bother with it.