Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1982 Subaru Brat Help!!

there is an adjuster bolt above the triangle in the mddle ofte tosion tube assembly (under the bed) you can bck the bolt off if it's been adjusted...

however, i may be in the stock location. the EA81 series had a pretty good stock rake to them....

i have adjusted the bolt both ways and it doesnt lower or make it higher,what else can I do?

Adjust the rear bolt all the way out. Then drive it. Look at it again, if it still sits to tall in the back. Adjust the front struts (two nuts under the spring) up to stiffin the front up a bit. Dont adjust them all the way, just a little as you need it. After you adjust, you need to drive it so the suspension can settle to the adjustment you made. NOTE: Adjust the front evenly or it will sit with a left/right angle.

If you ever feel the desire to part with your Brat please let me know.. I have a blue 'roo down in Altus that is awefully lonely by itself :)

That aside, my back end is up in the air as well... I would assume it has something to do with holding a load better.