Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2nd Gen Legacy Headlight/Turn Signal ?

Posting in the wanteds for RH turn signal/corner markers for my 98 leg gt sedan. My question is: Will the headlights that have the turn signal/corner marker built in fit/mount into my leg that has the headlight and corner marker seperate? I've seen the headlight/corner in good shape at local yards, just didn't want to buy one to find out wouldn't work. Really seems like it would... anyone know?

I was 40 bucks short of buying a set of the two piece headlights and corner lights off of a 99 outback in the yard last time I went. I had the idea that the newer lights might fit my car, which has the one piece lights, with some slight modification, if any. Just didn't have the cash at the time. Not sure when I'll end up back down there and by then they might be gone. The bodywork around them is the same, the only tings I could see that might be different were the mounting points, and maybe part of the header panel. But the thin metal right around the back of the light housings can be trimmed/cut easily and will not harm anything structurally.